PH Probe put in or out of CR?

gods_angel77

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: Hi there can anyone out they enlighten me on this issue of putting the PH probe inside or outside a CR, which is, better?

I understand that we have to place the PH controller inside the CR and set the PH inside the CR to 7.5 so that S/V can continuously supply Co2 In order for the ARM media to diffuse with the Co2 and than to supply the calcium to the main tank

:erm: What I don’t understand (1)

Is if the PH controller controls the PH of the CR than what will happen to the PH of my main tank my present main tank PH is 8.2

I’m wondering after I installed my new CR how my PH in my CR will react with the value of the main tank PH will the value in main tank increase or decrease.

:erm: What I don’t understand (2)

Is it better to put the probe inside the main tank or the CR and if i place the probe inside the main tank than what value should i set on the PH controller

If I were to set a value of 8.2 for example in my main tank does it means at 8.2 the S/v providing the co2 to the cr should be it be open or close? If it is close than they will never be any calcium going into my main tank from the CR but if it’s open than the PH value of my main tank will drop

Basically now I’ve made my self very confuse will be really appreciate if the kind people out they can advice me on this issue :thanks:

Equipment involve

PH controller

Calcium Reactor

Regulator

Solenoid Valve

Co2 Tank

• SRC Member

What I am doing now is to set the target Ph for the CR chamber and let the Ph controller do its job in maintaining the PH of the CR at the set level.

Ph of the CR will influence the effluent KH and CA levels and this needs to match the uptake of the tank so that the tank parameters will be stable.

As a failsafe, I monitor the Ph of the tank too and have set the controller to interrupt the Co2 injection into the CR if the tank PH dips below 7.9

hth :)

Actually, if your CR has no probe attachment direct into the chamber... it doesn't matter!

Measuring the PH of the water inside the chamber and what's coming out of the effluent drip IS THE SAME!!!

Actually, if your CR has no probe attachment direct into the chamber... it doesn't matter!

Measuring the PH of the water inside the chamber and what's coming out of the effluent drip IS THE SAME!!!

yes, it really doesn't matter as it is juz measuring the pH of the effluent. what i meant was that if there isn't a probe attachment on the CR, u will hv to use a makeshift holder to house the probe, effluent flowing into the container and then into the tank. at least, that is what i m doing. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png