trouble with millepora

I dunno whats happening but one thing for sure, everytime i try a mille, its bound to RTN(most of the time)/ STN.... all other acro seem ok for example tenuis birdnest and echinata(i think) but not mille... weird.. is there something needed extra for them... BTW do they need stronger flow than other acro

water parameter:

1)ammonia-0

2)nitrite-0

3)nitrate-2.5

4)calcium- 500(weird can't see to bring down further)

5)dkh-9.6

6)ph-8.2

• SRC Member

I used to have 2 piece of milli for some time one red and the other blue. Recently, I changed my cal reactor and some of the parameter varies daily during tuning - Both sps RTN - but the rest of my acro looks fine. The red milli didn't make it. The blue one has recovered so far.

Looks like they are more sensitive to water parameter. My KH was changing slightly like 2 KH during the tunning phase.

So I suspect your cal level might be the main culprit. If I am not wrong your sps should have RTN/STN during the time when you are adjusting your cal or KH level.

I used to have 2 piece of milli for some time one red and the other blue. Recently, I changed my cal reactor and some of the parameter varies daily during tuning - Both sps RTN - but the rest of my acro looks fine. The red milli didn't make it. The blue one has recovered so far.

Looks like they are more sensitive to water parameter. My KH was changing slightly like 2 KH during the tunning phase.

So I suspect your cal level might be the main culprit. If I am not wrong your sps should have RTN/STN during the time when you are adjusting your cal or KH level.

Hmm could be..... but my paramter has been like tat for quite sometime... anyway :thanks::thanks: I always thought that mille are one of the easier species to keep... yeah mine is also blue and pink.... so conclusion for now is temporary no mille.. maybe just stags and other acros

• SRC Member

i have some mili in my tank, i also feels that its one of the easiest.. i use to keep it under 150W and it doesnt lose its colour, after which i pass it on to another reefer as he like it, den 2 week ago i took some frags back from him again and its still maintaining the colours in my tank right now ??? Therefore i presume its one of the easiest acro around.

i have some mili in my tank, i also feels that its one of the easiest.. i use to keep it under 150W and it doesnt lose its colour, after which i pass it on to another reefer as he like it, den 2 week ago i took some frags back from him again and its still maintaining the colours in my tank right now ??? Therefore i presume its one of the easiest acro around.

Yah thats what i thought so too.... probably my tank got anti- mille curse :lol::lol::lol: hmm guess no more fiji mille.. maybe try out more stable one in reefers' home :eyebrow::eyebrow: or get those aquacultured indonesia kind...

Or maybe a frag from you :lol::lol::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member
You all have Blue milles? WOW! I have Pink and Orange but no Blue milles.. Anyone have a frag to sell? :)

bro, u got orange milli? wow.....tts pretty rare. Blue milli lagi rare!

some people mentioned they cant keep monti caps..... which is really weird if u ask me! guess some tanks dun like some kinds of sps.....

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

bro, u got orange milli? wow.....tts pretty rare. Blue milli lagi rare!

some people mentioned they cant keep monti caps..... which is really weird if u ask me! guess some tanks dun like some kinds of sps.....

You are dead right some tank can't keep montipora - mime is one of them ;) My other sps grows faster than the Monti cap. for the entire 3 to 4 month - not sure what is the reason..... maybe it got some thing to with water too clean ...- not sure whether it is true. Any Zeovit user got any problem keeping monti ?

DA,

My blue milli is also blue and pink like yours but when you placed under strong lights it will turn blue ... When I had it directly under 14k 250W - it was blue - no pink at all .but then other coral also need strong light so play around the configuration ... now the inner part turns pink whereas the branches facing out are blue.

My blue milli is also blue and pink like yours but when you placed under strong lights it will turn blue ... When I had it directly under 14k 250W - it was blue - no pink at all .but then other coral also need strong light so play around the configuration ... now the inner part turns pink whereas the branches facing out are blue.

Wow! any frags to sell bro??

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Milis are tough sps... give them strong light + good water flow (esp when bigger) and they will be fine.

I do find Fiji sps a little harder to maintain in terms of colour and health... as most reefers here... indo milis are equally nice and hardier.

Perhaps its shipping stress... that is causing STN/RTN?

• SRC Member

Is blue milli rare ? I thought they were quite common - not sure about now as I have stopped buying sps for a while .... I prefer frag exchange nowsaday .....and have lot of variety in my nano tank .... :D

Looking for birdnest frag or pink stag ..or some tricolor ... but if you have green ones - provided I dont have ... currently already have one turquoise, lime green and one dark green.. I think green is quite nice if have different combination.. :)

AT,

Can we tell by the color of the milli whether it is indo or Fiji ?

Milis are tough sps... give them strong light + good water flow (esp when bigger) and they will be fine.

I do find Fiji sps a little harder to maintain in terms of colour and health... as most reefers here... indo milis are equally nice and hardier.

Perhaps its shipping stress... that is causing STN/RTN?

Hmm probably.. thats why now i decide to cut down on fiji mille... maybe get either indo mille or established mille from reefers place

Is blue milli rare ? I thought they were quite common - not sure about now as I have stopped buying sps for a while .... I prefer frag exchange nowsaday .....and have lot of variety in my nano tank .... :D

Looking for birdnest frag or pink stag ..or some tricolor ... but if you have green ones - provided I dont have ... currently already have one turquoise, lime green and one dark green.. I think green is quite nice if have different combination.. :)

AT,

Can we tell by the color of the milli whether it is indo or Fiji ?

Nope blue mille not rare.. almost every aquaria arts shipment have

You are dead right some tank can't keep montipora - mime is one of them ;) My other sps grows faster than the Monti cap. for the entire 3 to 4 month - not sure what is the reason..... maybe it got some thing to with water too clean ...- not sure whether it is true. Any Zeovit user got any problem keeping monti ?

DA,

eh no mine is a rock with blue mille on one side and one the toher side is a colony of pink mille.. hmm monti seem to be ok... i took a slightly injured frag from aquaria art and now it recover already.....

Yeah deepblue keep quite a few monti

• SRC Member
eh no mine is a rock with blue mille on one side and one the toher side is a colony of pink mille.. hmm monti seem to be ok... i took a slightly injured frag from aquaria art and now it recover already.....

Yeah deepblue keep quite a few monti

That's quite unique. Wasted it didn't make it. <_<