Use copper to kill ich

I had tried hyposalinity therapy, it had worked very well to kill the ich. However, with new additional joining at different interval, I was tempted to try copper base treatment.

Good things abt copper treatment IMO are: shorter treatment (abt 4wks) to complete as compared to 8 wks of hyposalinity treatment. Secondly, no worry abt PH dropping as salinity is maintained at 1.024. Thirdly, sure to kill the ich.

I've just came across this brand, CopperSafe selling at Clementi. I wonder any reefers in SRC had tried it before. I understand that copper treatment is dangerous if not administered properly but, if we're to follow the instructions accordingly, I think we should consider this as an alternative treatment for ich.

:rolleyes:

With copper treatments you'll have to monitor the concentration of the copper carefully as copper is rather unstable in high ph solution. Too low concentration and you can't kill the parasite, too high and you kill the fish.

Copper is also toxic to fishes just that the dosage required to kill the ich parasites is lower than what's needed to kill the fish.