My Version Of Parabolic Spider Reflectors

CalciumReef

• SRC Member

erm. there is another reefer doing this also and ur product looks.. different from his. one of the main things about the effectiveness of spider reflectors is the precise angle they are bent at. urs looks a little too.. compact

Just take note that to get the refelctivity your bulb position must be exact (distance of the bulb center axis from the reflector top center axis as measured along its lenght) otherwise the parabolic effect will not be optimise and you have light scattering.

I think you should stretch it out first.

To me it looks weird as the edges seem to be parallel to each other and causing light beams to bounce off each other and not back into the tank.

• SRC Member

correct me if im wrong, but if calculations are made accurately, changing the angles or stretching it out would make the calculation useless. and as robe says, the position of the bulb mounted should be precise as well to get the desired reflection.... would like to see it in action soon, hope u can post a pic soon n i might consider getting one....

hi seems like your angel of the bending is abit incorrect from the 2nd angle to the last bending and the finishing of the sides as i examine mine,the last bending of your is too much liao so the MH reflection angle will not cover every part of the tank.where else the rest of the it the angle is too small just my opinion to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...