with and without fluidised reactor

jOsHiE

• SRC Member

just wondering whether wats the diff with having a fluidised reactor comprared wit i just putting rowa into my tank.... btw am having a 3 by 1.5 by 2 feet tank... advice on how much rowa i need thanzz!!!!

• SRC Member

know where to get cheap and good fr??

• SRC Member

ya seems like many people are using that... hmmm aniway wats the recomended flowrate.... and rowaphos does it cost alot... heard i will have to spent around 60 for 1000ml rowaphos

• SRC Member

ooh btw can recomend the shop to buy if u guys know cos am really lost don know where to get it...

• SRC Member
ya seems like many people are using that... hmmm aniway wats the recomended flowrate.... and rowaphos does it cost alot... heard i will have to spent around 60 for 1000ml rowaphos

$60 is cheap already.. I assume this is the bulk buying price.

If I'm not mistaken the individual 1L bottle cost ard $85- 90 <_<

• SRC Member

wah so ex die liao think i got to live wit the datoms for the time being.... hmm guess my friend must be giving me to low a price again... he always does that....

• SRC Member

think you have to put rowas in a bag if it is not in an FR otherwise the stuff will fly all over the place and get trapped in rocks etc. you do not want that because once the rowas gets saturated with phosphates, you have to remove it otherwise it will leach the phosphates back into the water which is worse.

because of this, people use FR because rowas in a bag tends to be inefficient in absorbing phosphates (the rowas deeper in the bag do not come into contact with the water) and detritus builds up on the bag which adds to your nitrate problems. The FR keeps water flowing through all the rowas at a steady rate and allows effective and efficient absorption.

Don't think you can get 1litre of rowas for $60 unless it is a special discount.

For customised FR you might want to enquire with our sponsor Reef Maniacs, they make this. A powerhead is generally needed but you can also T-off from an existing return or something.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

ya,

the guys are right, I am still waiting for my FR(orion) from Aquaz but meanwhile I put 500ml of rowaphos in a filter bag and dump it in my sump. Three days later, my phosphate level remains unchange (abt 0.3ppm, the level where corals will all die ..keke).

You really need rowa to be in a FR. BTW, petmart says the local distributor for rowa has stop bringing rowaphos in. They are selling this brand call Aqua phos (i think) from now on.

• SRC Member

i tot resun fr selling for 40+ for the 1000ml one.... wat they stop importing means next time how to get??? btw can i run the fr wit a 2500L/h pump isit too strong or wat??

• SRC Member

I run my ACarbon and PO4 Absorber in line, driven by 2,800L/Hr.

Seem like not too strong.

you could get resun FR1000L from BioOcean for 34.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump