Hon! How is your reef project coming along?

Achilles Tang

Aiyah... you hit the nail on the head... actually.. the shop I went to has ran out of 1" true union ball valves... stock coming at of the month.. sianz... have to wait another 5 days... this project kenna delay damn jialat!

Hey Hon, you still my lobang for the starphire and tank maker or not? Can recommend you to get good price lah! ;)

Wah! I let go so much Singlish here! :lol:

• SRC Member

What a painful 5 days wait... :lol:

Keep the contract of yours okie. I might wanna get them to build mine in future. But do they have stainless steel stand fabrication as well? Don't like to go all spore to get individual item.

I believe so...

They even helped me get marine-grade plywood... should be no prob as they are in the construction biz.

My consultancy fees quite reasonable for you.. heh heh!.... just bring the beer and chicks... oops... make sure the wife is not reading this!

:lol::lol::lol:

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

Nothin much to update since my house renovation have not complete.

Wall painting and wood vanishing give off some very choking flame, I guess they are real poisonous. It's putting me off from starting the tank until those work have finish, which will probably after Feb liao lor.

I attach a few pic of my raw tank anyway...hope to satify you for now...h.a.h.ah. :P

post-7-1046061183.jpg

• SRC Member

Got the new stand after 2 weeks of waiting and still, the outside dimension is different from the previous weak stand.

As my contractor have start building the cabinet for it, they have to discard them and rebuild it again. And I have to pay for it again <_<

post-7-1046062127.jpg

Hi Hon

Better upgrade to a bigger frame stand as that can collapse if sideward force is applied like bumping into it accidentally. That one can be modified by putting welded web struts in between the horizontal frame and vertical support colums to reinforce it.

=====================

" --

" --

" --

" --

" --

"--

"

• SRC Member

And the last pic for now. The full tank shot with cabinet built around the tank.

Also managed to make a rock rack. Filled the overflow chamber with water to test for leakage, if any, on the bulkhead joint. Lucky no leak ar!!! :angel:

post-7-1046063027.jpg

Hi Hon,

The replacement SS stand looks strong! The previous one definitely wrongly built! What a stupid contractor. :(

Anyway, your completed stand, tank, sump & wooden frames look great! :)

Now open up the top and show us how your lights are done! :)

AT

ps - your white door looks so much like mine! :)

• SRC Member

The lightings have not been fixed yet. The light in the tank now is a FL tube use for viewing my house before the lighting is fixed.

Attach a pic to show what light it was...h.ah..ah

post-7-1046065722.jpg