May the person who pickpocketed my HP...

ervine

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Well.. i was along Orchard Road tonight (Christmas Eve) and amongst the insanely packed people, someone pickpocketed away my Sony Ericsson T610 just when me and my girlfriend decided to call it a day... :angry:

Had my arms around my gf to protect her from the insane sardine crowd and then I felt a little tingle in my pocket, tot it was just someone rubbing against me, the next thing I knew it was gone... shit man...

And I was not the only one, went down to the police post and a lot of other people had their bags cut, opened, etc etc.... sheesh...

Well at least they didn't get my wallet... as*ho*es...

Merry Christmas btw... hope my fellow reefers have an enjoyable holidays free from crime...

Ervine

• SRC Member

OMG :o , tot pickpocket mostly in foreign country, when i had my digi pickpocketed in thai mths ago.. was thinking how gd SG wasnt like tt... nv expect such things to happen here.. Take care bro..

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

Well.. i was along Orchard Road tonight (Christmas Eve) and amongst the insanely packed people, someone pickpocketed away my Sony Ericsson T610 just when me and my girlfriend decided to call it a day... :angry:

Had my arms around my gf to protect her from the insane sardine crowd and then I felt a little tingle in my pocket, tot it was just someone rubbing against me, the next thing I knew it was gone... shit man...

And I was not the only one, went down to the police post and a lot of other people had their bags cut, opened, etc etc.... sheesh...

Well at least they didn't get my wallet... as*ho*es...

Merry Christmas btw... hope my fellow reefers have an enjoyable holidays free from crime...

Ervine

i think there r well organised in doing dis crime. :ph34r: .watch up guys for dis cumming COUNTDOWN 2005 :idea:

I saw two fights while walking out from Chinablack to Hilton... the streets were FULL of spray cans, I can't imagine the explosions everytime a heavy car or bus roll over these cans.

Inspite of being pissed, seeing the crowd, I place my wallet down the front of my jeans... hehe.... can never be too careful!

Anyway, never leave your bag unattended even for a split second in crowded places. At the last Zoukout, my friend had her bag stolen right from under her eyes, it was less than 1 ft away from her at eye level.

Oh... and watch out for the molesters... ;)

Hmmm..lucky I did'nt go..don't really enjoy crowding with ppl... :angel: Anyway guys, just be more careful if you are going for the coming countdown. Wear jeans with super tight pockets or place your wallets in the front pockets. Leave important cards like I.C and credit cards at home if possible. Just bring your EZ-link card if not driving & cold hard cash and split the cash up for security (maybe stuff part of it into your shoes just in case). For me good steel toe boots would come to use should pickpockets try their luck on me. :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
yeah that's why i had me arms around my gf instead of protecting me pocket.. sigh...

After being married for 28 years, no longer neceaasry to put arms around wife, :D girlfriend, maybe! :P

May be work of foreigners not necessary Singaporeans. Do you know that some mainland chinese travelled to Tokyo to steal, rob and burgle for a 2 weeks spree and return home after the "assignment"?. It's an arrangement by the local syndicate, just like some Indonesians from Batam/Bintan, rob, burgle and go home!

Edited by DeepBlue

• SRC Member

I think IC is a must to be carried after you leave your home. Don't bring wallet loh, just bring some cash and chuck everything inside your pocket. For ladies, no need to bring handbag lah. The more branded item you wear or carry, the higher chance you are being singled out.

• SRC Member

It always happen when Ur in a crowded places like this.....even if your super-duper careful.....it only takes a few seconds for you to let ur guard down & for them to strike.

Since teens I never like to go to these places during the festive seasons....too dangerous. When I was in the St John Ambulance during sec school....i was on duty at one of thos swing singapore & we had to attend to alot of people suffering from cuts to breathing problem...including some policemen....

• SRC Member

Yeah damn squeezy very easy to pass out from all the 2nd hand air man.. luckily I'm a little taller than normal so usually have access to better air.. hehe...

Anyways... I'll never go to this types of crowded places again.. if I do I make sure I bring only my ezlink card and driving licence...

Sigh...