Non Reef Stuffs: Selling Sony Cybershot DSC-F707

Navyblue

Hi Guys,

Selling this 3 years old digital camera, receipt dated 4/12/2001, and cost $1700. VERY RARELY USED. Now selling only at $650.

Specifications:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscf707.asp

Review:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf707/

From its look and its review, you should see that it is no ordinary "play play" camera. If you are into photograhpy and looking into brand new entry level camera, I'll strongly suggest that you'd consider this offer as you get a much better camera for about the same price.

Thanks for viewing.

Hi Bro,

No intention to flame your thread but I think you should really consider lowering down you price for the 707. :paiseh:

Even for myself, I had a hard time trying to sell my F717 which is the successor model for F707 at S$700 with 8months warranty left and usage about 2-3 times.

The price of DSC has drop tremendously later as competition is getting tougher.

If you have seen on some DSC forum eg. Clubsnap, you can even find ppl selling F828 (The most current 8MP) at around $800~$900.

Just my 2 cents.

:look:

Hi Vinceire,

Thanks for your update on the current pricing, and as you might know, I have no idea what is the current trend like, so I just put a figure that I think it is reasonable (i.e. I won't sell at a price that I won't buy).

IMO, F707 and F717 has only minor difference, unlike F717's jump to F828. F707 and F717 has the same pixel number, same zoom power and etc. they even look very similar (just slight difference in button placement and lighter in colour).

Of course I am not saying that they are identical, there are differences, but personally I would not call it significantly different. (i.e. As a F707 owner, I don't think it would worth the money to upgrade from F707 to F717)

I don't know how much is the lowest price would the latest F828 would cost second hand, but to the sources I know, they cost $1300 the cheapest (for one in decent condition), but may be my sources are too limited and I am a big carrot head waiting to be chopped. :D

Accounting the minor difference (same 5 megapixels, same zoom, same lense, same optical sensor and etc) between F707 and F717 personally I do not think they should be priced very differently. But I agree that it should be a tad lower than the F717 you sold at $700 (which it in fact is). However, to make it more significant, I'd make it lower at $620.

If you have any disagreement, I'd appreciate if we can resolve the issue in PM, and let this be a thread of pure sales. But I appreciate your comments and I believe the general public should be made informed with the latest and most accurate information. :)

No offense taken, I believe your intention is good. :)

I don't know how much is the lowest price would the latest F828 would cost second hand, but to the sources I know, they cost $1300 the cheapest (for one in decent condition), but may be my sources are too limited and I am a big carrot head waiting to be chopped. :D

just for info, i bought my f828 in july around $1.7k but sold it around $1k in september ;)

i think the going-rate for f828 now is also around $900-$1k, thats why the earlier models like f505/707/717 are not moving as fast in the 2nd hand market :)

nonetheless upz for your sales, price-wise i can't comment but camera-wise it is definitely a decent camera :)

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I call maturity and decency. :)

Two thumbs up to Navyblue for the way he approached this matter.

It's good to be open to information offered by others even if it affects the sale price he was asking for. He wasn't rude or defensive but offered his viewpoint without any hint of negativity. Many of us should take a leaf from his example!

Anyway, its also his perogative to set his own price even if others have pointed out that its not entirely the reasonable market rate. Then its also the case of caveat emptor. :)

Upz for your sale, dude! Hope you can sell it off soon!