T5 Lighting

FelixSu

• SRC Member
I recently bought a 3ft Dymax light set. would anyone know if its a high or normal output?

how to cehck if its high /normal ?

Can one purchase the bulbs to make it high output?

If you did not change the tubes it should be Normal Output. 20watts for 2ft

Hight Output is 24watts for 2ft, 39watts for 3ft and 54watts for 4ft, 80watts for 5ft.

Hope this helps.

MIng

• SRC Member
Thanks for the replies peeps.

hmmm, mine's a 21 watts each tube x 2.

how do i upgrade to high output. can i get higher output tubes or... haev to change the ballast? which means do i have to change the hood?

You could contact the sponsors below that carrys and selling DIY parts for the upgrade.

Ming :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

HO tubes on a dymax is usless as there are not enough power to drive the lights to its full potential.....however, i did read in some magazine that there are people in UK using NO tubes on HO ballast....seems that they were able to overdrive the NO tubes....so anyone here dare to try....

• SRC Member
HO tubes on a dymax is usless as there are not enough power to drive the lights to its full potential.....however, i did read in some magazine that there are people in UK using NO tubes on HO ballast....seems that they were able to overdrive the NO tubes....so anyone here dare to try....

Not a good idea, the NO lamp will blow fast on a HO ballast - tried once.... <_<

• SRC Member

Not a good idea, the NO lamp will blow fast on a HO ballast - tried once.... <_<

funny....the magazine seems to indicate that people where able to run it about 3-6 month.....

but for me will never dare, don't want my house to burn down or something.... :D

• SRC Member

Did that once when I first diy my t5 set. As I didn't buy enough HO tube thus I use the NO tubes on a 54W HO eballast. Luck nothing happen.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png