Under Gravel??

nemo

UGFs are TOTALLY UNSUITED for marine use.

They will suck detritus into your sandbed, making it extremely dirty, and once they start to decompose, will forever be producing ammonia, nitrite and nitrates.

You want to export detritus and other dissolved organic wastes OUT of the system and not HIDE it somewhere INSIDE the system.

Please read up more about the nitrogen cycle and the beginner's guide to marine setups in the links pinned up at our New to the Hobby Forum.

AT

• SRC Member

When I first started marine tank 2 months ago, I started with advice from LFS at Sago Lane (Chinatown). The LFS guy was presenting to small group of keen lookers including me and said "without UGF your fish sure die one". I have thrown out the UGF.

And also he mentioned the famous "4 days is enough to cycle tank". And he also said "it is normal for a number of your fishes to die when your tank is new". Sure with only 4 days your fish sure die one. And he also easily 'convinced' me to get a few bottles of chemical (for cycling) which I have thrown out.

This is a myth: "Your LFS know what is best".

Take your time to read about tank setup from this forums and others. You will find find out that most people use Deep Sand Bed and Live Rock as filter. And most have protein skimmer. And sump tank setup is common. And you also need to learn how to test water, and also various lighting choices.

When I first started marine tank 2 months ago, I started with advice from LFS at Sago Lane (Chinatown). The LFS guy was presenting to small group of keen lookers including me and said "without UGF your fish sure die one". I have thrown out the UGF.

And also he mentioned the famous "4 days is enough to cycle tank". And he also said "it is normal for a number of your fishes to die when your tank is new". Sure with only 4 days your fish sure die one. And he also easily 'convinced' me to get a few bottles of chemical (for cycling) which I have thrown out.

This is a myth: "Your LFS know what is best".

Take your time to read about tank setup from this forums and others. You will find find out that most people use Deep Sand Bed and Live Rock as filter. And most have protein skimmer. And sump tank setup is common. And you also need to learn how to test water, and also various lighting choices.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you shoudl tell him, without us you sure die and this is not myth