• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Yo Melvyn, welcome to the thread. :)

You should try to get more recent threads lah dude. The problem for Elliot was due to incorrect water level in the chamber (when the recirculation pumps are switched off). The water level should not be 3/4 way up the shoulder but rather should be at the bayonet fitting which is at the top of the shoulder. That was why his skimmer was not pulling out much into the cup and the gunk was at the neck instead. I think it was discussed in another deltec related thread and resolved. :)

Airline was set correctly at either 1 o'clock position or fully open for more wetter skimmate.

Just 2 things to get a Deltec tuned properly. Airline valve at 1 o'clock, water level at bayonet fitting and its done! :)

Turn over rate can be adjusted to what is needed. More dwell time or more flow thru? The AP902 can handle from about 3000L/hr of water downwards. Rated for 2500L normal stocking levels (which is generally a reef and not FOWLR) :)

Cost about S$2000. Dimensions : 10 inch dia. body and 980mm tall. Any equivalents in the HnS range? Very curious.

Hi Alfa,

Really a good for discussion thread you have here, am sure it will help many reefers

in deciding whats available and for them to decide what suits them most.

It is only through genuine reviews that others can benefit, hope to receive your further usage reviews in time to come and perhaps i may also benefit.

As for your curiosity on whether there are any other skimmers in particular H&S having the capacity to manage a 2500l tank, here's the thread to the website wherein there are many to chose from (i am not their salesperson, so for more technicality and details perhaps can drop them an email or contact Sealife) H&S Website.

I understand they can customise skimmers for you (gotta check the price) for people with space constraints and of course can cater for public aquarium tanks.

Agree with you that pricing sensitivity is important (must be economical) and most importantly support services, so i humbly believe there is a price to pay for both.

Glad we can share reviews more adult like, Cheers !!!

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Thanks for taking time to post - am sure will benefit readers.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

There we go :P

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/index.p...indpost&p=51030

Sign..... why can't people just RTFM :P

sign^2 seems like someone trying to bash other skimmer already :angry:

No need to try dig out old old thread, my APF600 arriving next week, let's put my APF600 and your 150-F2001 side by side and see who can skim :P

Wei Leong, it seems you have a tendency to jump into conclusions, whats all that bashing and things like that - it really paint others a very wrong impression, and you have to be very careful in what you say, in written words especially.

This is a discussion thread and there is no need to compare, cause i am not interested and there is no need to. If you want to serve your curiosity you can always get a H&S skimmer yourself and do a detailed study and a good & genuine review would be most helpful and appreciated by all i am sure.

Putting up a challenge and typing my nick which happens to be my name serves no purpose, it only deteriorates your being, and like what i emphasise again in my opening paragraph, please be more careful in what you type.

If you are an ardent fan of mine reading and digging (which you are very good in) past records, you should also know that i had initially wanted to get a Schuran, but because AA has no credit card machine plus i know that the support service is just not there, which resulted me in getting the more expensive H&S (which also brings me to the realisation on why more expensive - because of the support service(s)).

I am sure from all your written words, people can see that you love your Deltec very much, good for you, but all your wordings and issuance of challenges are really uncalled for and rather childish....like i had said in Riot's thread (requesting for comments in skimmers), you win i lose - am sure with your good attitude in always wanting to win allows you to and also am sure you excel very well in school and Uni too and now work also...however one advice, be more sparing in your words and you will win more friends than foes.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
I guess we don't have to be talking so much here regarding which brands is more popular.

Take the local situation here in Singapore.

Deltec skimmers are priced much lower then H&S *full stop* :P

Performance wise we can always do a side-by-side test, just waiting for you Melyvn Tan only :P

I think there was a thread from other website putting various skimmers to the test and amongst them consist of the H&S and Deltec...you can go check it out.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Wei Leong, it seems you have a tendency to jump into conclusions, whats all that bashing and things like that - it really paint others a very wrong impression, and you have to be very careful in what you say, in written words especially.

This is a discussion thread and there is no need to compare, cause i am not interested and there is no need to. If you want to serve your curiosity you can always get a H&S skimmer yourself and do a detailed study and a good & genuine review would be most helpful and appreciated by all i am sure.

Putting up a challenge and typing my nick which happens to be my name serves no purpose, it only deteriorates your being, and like what i emphasise again in my opening paragraph, please be more careful in what you type.

If you are an ardent fan of mine reading and digging (which you are very good in) past records, you should also know that i had initially wanted to get a Schuran, but because AA has no credit card machine plus i know that the support service is just not there, which resulted me in getting the more expensive H&S (which also brings me to the realisation on why more expensive - because of the support service(s)).

I am sure from all your written words, people can see that you love your Deltec very much, good for you, but all your wordings and issuance of challenges are really uncalled for and rather childish....like i had said in Riot's thread (requesting for comments in skimmers), you win i lose - am sure with your good attitude in always wanting to win allows you to and also am sure you excel very well in school and Uni too and now work also...however one advice, be more sparing in your words and you will win more friends than foes.

Melvyn,

You know what pissed me off?

It's your jumping into conclusion and commenting about other's character.

Do you think I just jump into getting a deltec without making any research? Or I just rolled the dice and decide on which skimmer to buy?

Digging out a 2 year old thread when a user initally have some problem tunning his deltec skimmer (which has already been resolved later) serves no purpose at all. Either you only look for the negative comments or just ignore the rest of the facts.

Anyway I still thanks you for your constructive comment :P

I think there was a thread from other website putting various skimmers to the test and amongst them consist of the H&S and Deltec...you can go check it out.

I am very sure you just heard abt that thread or just read the first few thread and not following that thread :P

As usual you do not read everything in detail and easily jump to conclusion.

They did not have an H&S skimmer avaliable for testing and comparison :P

Anyway thanks for mentioning that thread so more pple will be aware of it and can make their decision of choosing a skimmer easier.

• SRC Member
Melvyn,

You know what pissed me off?

It's your jumping into conclusion and commenting about other's character.

Do you think I just jump into getting a deltec without making any research? Or I just rolled the dice and decide on which skimmer to buy?

Digging out a 2 year old thread when a user initally have some problem tunning his deltec skimmer (which has already been resolved later) serves no purpose at all. Either you only look for the negative comments or just ignore the rest of the facts.

Anyway I still thanks you for your constructive comment :P

Wei Leong, I am telling you again, please be more careful in your words. Don't infer meanings which i had never intend to.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

I am very sure you just heard abt that thread or just read the first few thread and not following that thread :P

As usual you do not read everything in detail and easily jump to conclusion.

They did not have an H&S skimmer avaliable for testing and comparison :P

Anyway thanks for mentioning that thread so more pple will be aware of it and can make their decision of choosing a skimmer easier.

So i presumme you are the first to have known of the thread and read about it? wow !! congrats to you.

I again wish to reiterate to you, don't infer or more seriously put words in my mouth which i never intend to...see the sentence, i say "i think there is a thread...." Did i jump into any conclusions? i merely ask you to go check it out. If you are having trouble understanding, i can take time to explain to you or if you wish i can get a "friend" to explain it to you?

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Andysho, mind telling me how the HnS sounds better pls? I would love to learn from you as I am a newbie u see... thanks! :)

H bro

As i have seen h n S skimmer in action~~ likes its performance

for pricing , a bit higher then euro reef skimmer which look alike

For deltec skimmer, i have not really seen it action in reality

but after searching some info on this two skimmer I prefer H and S

to deltac, but keke of course is up to one own's preference

ekke dun said learnt from me, i also learning....

lets learnt from each other to enjoy this rewarding hobby

• SRC Member

alfa, i'm using a simple DIY 838 (which i call Gavyfoamer!) haha

waiting for SG pools to give me the extra cash for Deltecs but i've been sufficiently impressed by it's performance. i've owned a F2001 H&S before and obsiously we've seen the euroreef as well. it's difficult to pin-point which is better or accurately compare makes.

so chill out and be happy with what u have. the fact that deltecs cost cheaper than h&s makes it easier for buyers to choose!

at least i know i'll be getting a deltec if the current prices remain. else i wouldn't mind considering a h&s. :P

very curious le...can someone do a side-by-side comparison? haha

• SRC Member

well I dont understand nowaday why so many kuku.. keep fighting on the skimmer issue...

if u think this brand gd.. then go for it lor... so long can work and u happy can already...

end of the day.. which ever brand win.. so what's the point.. u got earn anything.. ya maybe proud only.. but so what's the big deal...

I'm using the so call "best" skimmer that RC and Zeovit forum talking about now.. and so..... I can fight with u till see blood.. even u win or I win.. I still using the same skimmer I'm using be4 the fight wa.....

Money is yours.. tank is yours.. you happy can already lor...

• SRC Member
CNY not over yet don't get angry at each other, I am sure some words are not meant to be what it is, take it easy lah.

Like your sentence :P does it mean after CNY can get angry with each other :D Joking only har...

Cheers and out...

4x2x2 Tank Thread

So i presumme you are the first to have known of the thread and read about it? wow !! congrats to you.

I again wish to reiterate to you, don't infer or more seriously put words in my mouth which i never intend to...see the sentence, i say "i think there is a thread...." Did i jump into any conclusions? i merely ask you to go check it out. If you are having trouble understanding, i can take time to explain to you or if you wish i can get a "friend" to explain it to you?

Sorry AT, need to correct for his previous post.

Did I put any words into your mouth? Please explain. If you think so then I apologise for that. It's a friendly discussion you trying to turn into personal attack???? Relax bro.

I am not trying to say I know everything but just that I couldn't agree with you on your "research".

This is the skimmer comparison thread that I am referring to which do not have an H&S inside.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showth...97&page=1&pp=15

Yes you said you "think" and you "asked" but I could not find any thread that had a comparison between H&S and deltec :P Probably you like to let me know which thread since you've done research on the skimmers.

If you want to win then you win okie? I do not bother to waste my time engaging in word games nowadays.

Let me remind you that this is a thread on showing our deltec skimmers, you just barge in and post off-topic stuffs. If you want you can go start a thread to show your H&S skimmer or talk about it there, you think I'll bother to go into that thread to try post negative comments abt H&S skimmers?

• SRC Member

Sorry AT, need to correct for his previous post.

Did I put any words into your mouth? Please explain. If you think so then I apologise for that. It's a friendly discussion you trying to turn into personal attack???? Relax bro.

I am not trying to say I know everything but just that I couldn't agree with you on your "research".

This is the skimmer comparison thread that I am referring to which do not have an H&S inside.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showth...97&page=1&pp=15

Yes you said you "think" and you "asked" but I could not find any thread that had a comparison between H&S and deltec :P Probably you like to let me know which thread since you've done research on the skimmers.

If you want to win then you win okie? I do not bother to waste my time engaging in word games nowadays.

Let me remind you that this is a thread on showing our deltec skimmers, you just barge in and post off-topic stuffs. If you want you can go start a thread to show your H&S skimmer or talk about it there, you think I'll bother to go into that thread to try post negative comments abt H&S skimmers?

First and foremost, please demonstrate when did i barged-in and post off topic items? If it is a friendly discussion, i merely try to correlate some facts of the particular brand of skimmer in discussion and it appears (to me) in my pursuit to find out more on it and to bring in more facts based on others experiences does indeed have some negativity about it. Isn't this information exchanges and sharing information? leading to hobbyist like ourselves knowing more and making wiser choices in perhaps our next purchases and not be misled by unaccounted positive suggestions?

In fact based on some of your questions and points which has discoursed from the main discussions of the topics has led me in aiding you since you have requested to know a little more of the H&S. In no instance of my own accord did i post anything talking or selling the H&S if not for Alfa's question and yours.

In a many of your account of your posting which i shan't point out to you have indeed been inferring to me on some things which i did not say (you said it) and have been rather directly suggesting what i mean (which makes me ponder how did you know i meant that - strange) please go check it out yourself. This has thus made me my numerous pleadings to you in justification to be cautious in your written accounts, and this however have again been misinterpreted by you to be "a personal attack"? Boy ! i need to re read my law !!!

Words like "barging-in" "showing OUR deltec skimmers..." and the like have implicitly shown your herd instinct in garnering activities - it does fuel passion of a different kind if you had not already known. THIS is a general discussion thread, hope you understand.

Lastly, "let me remind you..." is explicit in the force and pressure you are exerting and exercising which again is unpleasant and uncalled for in a Happy hobby of ours. And of course, there is no need for me to post H&S skimmer reviews, cause 1) i am not paid by them nor related to them 2) if there is anything that will cause sparks, i'll post it in My Tank Thread together with my comments to go with it, as it does not intend to sway people's opinion due to limited readings of the general public.

I would like to think of you in a positive sense that you have "loyalty and deep passion in the things you believe in" but do it in moderation and exercise control on it.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

First and foremost, please demonstrate when did i barged-in and post off topic items? If it is a friendly discussion, i merely try to correlate some facts of the particular brand of skimmer in discussion and it appears (to me) in my pursuit to find out more on it and to bring in more facts based on others experiences does indeed have some negativity about it. Isn't this information exchanges and sharing information? leading to hobbyist like ourselves knowing more and making wiser choices in perhaps our next purchases and not be misled by unaccounted positive suggestions?

In fact based on some of your questions and points which has discoursed from the main discussions of the topics has led me in aiding you since you have requested to know a little more of the H&S. In no instance of my own accord did i post anything talking or selling the H&S if not for Alfa's question and yours.

In a many of your account of your posting which i shan't point out to you have indeed been inferring to me on some things which i did not say (you said it) and have been rather directly suggesting what i mean (which makes me ponder how did you know i meant that - strange) please go check it out yourself. This has thus made me my numerous pleadings to you in justification to be cautious in your written accounts, and this however have again been misinterpreted by you to be "a personal attack"? Boy ! i need to re read my law !!!

Words like "barging-in" "showing OUR deltec skimmers..." and the like have implicitly shown your herd instinct in garnering activities - it does fuel passion of a different kind if you had not already known. THIS is a general discussion thread, hope you understand.

Lastly, "let me remind you..." is explicit in the force and pressure you are exerting and exercising which again is unpleasant and uncalled for in a Happy hobby of ours. And of course, there is no need for me to post H&S skimmer reviews, cause 1) i am not paid by them nor related to them 2) if there is anything that will cause sparks, i'll post it in My Tank Thread together with my comments to go with it, as it does not intend to sway people's opinion due to limited readings of the general public.

I would like to think of you in a positive sense that you have "loyalty and deep passion in the things you believe in" but do it in moderation and exercise control on it.

I really takes my hats off for you.

Evading all points and not able to raise any points to proof your point. Oh well you never intended to anyway :P

All I have to say have already been said in my earlier post.

Example, your posting of 50% of the story of a user who mis-tune his deltec skimmer 2 yrs ago => end up I get accused for putting words in your mouth when I clarify that his problem has been resolved long ago and I even post the URL to the thread where the same user has posted that his problem is solved.

In any case, please provide the full facts and not just 50% and expect others to read the other 50% from somewhere else. Now this is the problem :P

BTW (going to wack on this again?) I am not asking you to post review of H&S skimmer, just asking you to post the thread that you "think" exist :P Perhaps it doesn't at all :paiseh:

No one even mentioned abt H&S in this thread so keep it to the topic, perhaps you don't understand the title of this thread, it is "Deltec Skimmer, Pictures and Specs!" :P

• SRC Member

I shan't pursue with you any further as it appears that you have trouble understanding.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Thanks god you have finally understood :P

sign..... up till now we still don't know some of the points raised since this morning ;)

Who are "we" may i clarify? or is it just YOU ? Or you hallucinating ??

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• src unlocked this topic