Deltec Skimmer

AlfaRomeo

wah..the 1004 not foam enough for you ah ;):lol:

if 2nd hand one u want or not weileong :P

:eyeblur::eyeblur::eyeblur:

Must compare what's the diff when you have one extra 1260 running.

2nd hand AP1004? wow..... sure I want provided good price.

Tok so much no use, no space to use this monster. Wait till I move house first lol.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you saw your single 1260 foaming, you saw alfa's dual 1260, and also the quad 1260 liao....so 1003 foaming will be between alfa's dual and the quad lor....but sizewise really alot of difference hor

but at least weisoon should be able to fit another pump if he wants more ommph next time...hehe

good price can cham siong maybe....but no warranty from local agent hor..because bypass official distribution chain one :paiseh:

wah liew....u seen one and 4 in motion, just interpolate for the inbetweens like alfa's and weisoon's lor....but really a big jump from the dual 902 to the 100X series in terms of chamber...

congrats weisoon for a real worthy needlewheel performer. The 100X series are what i would endorse personally :)

• SRC Member

Missed all the post here. Been busy to set up my fiber tub and also the spring cleaning ###### renovation.

Try the AP1003 first lor, if backside ichy, then get another 1260 to fit to become AP1004. But I cheapskate....will try to get a stock 1260 and make it like the Deltec's ehiem 1260. Only thing is I will try to use Ti rods to make the needlewheel....if I can find the time to make it.

BTW, comparing the stock and the modified 1260, there are quite some differences. Other than the needle wheel of course, there are machining done on the pump outlet to make the hole bigger and smoother, i.e. no 90 degrees angles. The reason I think is to prevent turbulence and causing the bubble size too big.

WL, reason I bought overseas is because Stuart Bertam took so long to reach back to me and I loose patience. He said that he will try to match Sewatec price and did not come back for more than 1 week. So I order from Sewatec lor. But the price Edmund quoted (after Stuart told Edmund about my order) is same as the Sewatec price.

Guess only thing I will loose out is the replacement for pumps....but then again I have 3 1260 and if 1 down, still OK for my system. Heard that Edmund will keep stock of parts? Don't know if it is true. Because like I mentioned, stock 1260 cannot be used if the motor is faulty.

• SRC Member

Weisoon, Edmund will be bringing in replacement pumps and impellers from Deltec as part of his ex-stock. So good news for us Deltec users in case the pump fails for whatever reason. Eheim pumps are rugged tho so no worries there. The impeller might be an issue in the long run? maybe.

• SRC Member

Agreed on the impeller thing. But I will be extra 'kiasu' to really filter the water before it even reaches the impeller. But then, impeller can get from Germany also. Euro$80 each and no questions asked of ownership. If worst come to worst, DIY one lor to play play....using Ti rods of course. :lol:

• SRC Member

I mean to use a strainer to filter the water, not go through any filter media. Have heard cases of H&S needle wheel broke after usage. Not sure how it happened and can only guess that no straining/filtering was used and some small snails went through and causing the breakage. Not totally destroyed but few of the needles broke off. Not sure if this will affect the bubbles generated. Maybe bubbles will get too big?

• SRC Member

Some interesting comments found in other websites : -

Reef Sanctuary

Ultimate Reef

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Had the opportunity to see a deltec skimmer in action yesterday, special thanks to that kind reefer ;) I can only say I like what I saw. It does what it is suppose to do and it also look nice doing it :lol: The price is also reasonable for a skimmer of that capacity, performance and reputation, comparing to other brands.

Not to be bias, I was a former user of a H&S skimmer. I liked it too but I had some problems with it initially and went down to SL several times. I must thank Sam for his patience. At the end of the day, what is important is that it does its job for me. Hopefully edmund can provide an efficient after sales service to support the local deltec market as well.

I believe all has their own merits and supporters and their capabilities are there for all to see. At the end of the day, its still up to personal preference and confidence in that product. So no point putting so much emphasis on what people are saying. You feel comfortable using it, go ahead and use it. Even people are using RSB for their SPS tank ;):peace:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

quoted from your link :P

Apparently Deltecs are only popular and highly regarded in England, whicle in Germany and other countries the H&S and Grotec are the highly regarded brands/models. Seems most europeans feel the Deltec units are overpriced and do not perform as well as the other 2. Most also feel all the brands over rate their skimmers with the exception of Deltec.

This one too cheem for me to understand :P

Well misconception like the reefers here who had the impression that deltec is super expansive. The truth is that deltec is priced cheaper than H&S, in Singapore and in Europe :P The reasons we already discussed earlier in this thread.

As to the rating of the skimmer, I think no need to explain further :P

huskiesg came and saw my AP850 in action :P

• SRC Member

Yo Melvyn, welcome to the thread. :)

You should try to get more recent threads lah dude. The problem for Elliot was due to incorrect water level in the chamber (when the recirculation pumps are switched off). The water level should not be 3/4 way up the shoulder but rather should be at the bayonet fitting which is at the top of the shoulder. That was why his skimmer was not pulling out much into the cup and the gunk was at the neck instead. I think it was discussed in another deltec related thread and resolved. :)

Airline was set correctly at either 1 o'clock position or fully open for more wetter skimmate.

Just 2 things to get a Deltec tuned properly. Airline valve at 1 o'clock, water level at bayonet fitting and its done! :)

Turn over rate can be adjusted to what is needed. More dwell time or more flow thru? The AP902 can handle from about 3000L/hr of water downwards. Rated for 2500L normal stocking levels (which is generally a reef and not FOWLR) :)

Cost about S$2000. Dimensions : 10 inch dia. body and 980mm tall. Any equivalents in the HnS range? Very curious.

I think it was discussed in another deltec related thread and resolved. :)

There we go :P

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/index.p...indpost&p=51030

Sign..... why can't people just RTFM :P

sign^2 seems like someone trying to bash other skimmer already :angry:

No need to try dig out old old thread, my APF600 arriving next week, let's put my APF600 and your 150-F2001 side by side and see who can skim :P

I guess we don't have to be talking so much here regarding which brands is more popular.

Take the local situation here in Singapore.

Deltec skimmers are priced much lower then H&S *full stop* :P

Performance wise we can always do a side-by-side test, just waiting for you Melyvn Tan only :P

• src unlocked this topic