for aquarium from 1200 – 3000 l/h

2.000 L/H air suction - 6000 l/h water

pump energy 58 Watt/h

P1010159.jpg

Oh!!! those 'microscopic' bubbles... :o:o:yeah::yeah:

I simply love the BB King... :wub::wub::wub:

and the fact that it is a needlewheel too... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member
This AP850 on use in my 2ft while the BARR is still running on my 4ft. Difficult to compare directly.

quite true also...

maybe u should hold a private competition between the 2 skimmers...

who knows? although your deltec is recommended for a smaller tank, it might just have the extra edge over becketts... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Tyrobin, I think you are mistaken about the capability of the AP850. That skimmer is actually rated for at least a 6ft tank with a heavy bioload.

I could have stuck that AP850 into my reef and it would have cleaned it up nice and proper, no problems...

According to Deltec, my Ap902 has stopped pulling out junk after a week cos there is nuthing left in the water to pull out. Its truly overskimmed... amazing rite? :)

• SRC Member
According to Deltec, my Ap902 has stopped pulling out junk after a week cos there is nuthing left in the water to pull out. Its truly overskimmed... amazing rite? :)

hmm I dont find that right leh... well true for the fist 1-2 weeks that it skim out more.. cause maybe your old skimmer is not doing well enough but even after that your water is so call "clean". The skimmer should still continue to skim out skimmate maybe not that black but at least gd enough skimmate cause no matter how your bio-load is forever there.. and there is forever on going of adding DOC in the water..

unless u say u totally remove all your fish and never feed anything anymore.. else these claim I will not totally agree to it..

Even my BK up to now still continue skim out lot of skimmate.. even I reduce my feeding by 3/4 which is alot...

• SRC Member
I washed my collection cup last nite and today found about 1cm worth of dark skimmate in the cup... have adjusted the skimmer to produce wet skimmate too... we will see how it goes.

now this is something... yup go for wet skimmate so that all your skimmate wont suck at the neck and reduce the performance..

• SRC Member

After 2 weeks of using the amazing skimmer, I am totally satisifed with the performance of the skimmer for its $. Its very apparent that the skimmate produce after 1 week is much less than when it was first switched on. This is probadly due to the tapering levels of proteins/nutrients?DOCs in the water cos of the effectiveness of the skimmer

Eg.

Day 2 (After breakin) - 10% of DOCs in the water column

Day 4 - 8%

etc etc

until Day 7/8 - 4% left

The Skimmer's threshold is at 4% so it will stop skimming until the level of DOCs inceased from 4% where it will kick in again (increased when fish poo/feeding etc etc)

Numbers mentioned above are totally for illustrations only.

Logical? I think so. The above theory also lends itself to the observation that if Skimmer A and Skimmer B is put online in the same system, the more efficient skimmer will shut down the other i.e Skimmer A threshold is at 6% and Skimmer B is at 4% , when the water is at 4% level, Skimmer A will shut down and will stop removing nutrients.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Just an Update: After 2 months of running the Deltec Skimmer, its safe to say that its a kick-###### top of the line skimmer. Tuning was only needed during the first 2-3 days to get the kind of wattery skimmate that I wanted and its set and forget!. The rest of the 2 months is purely just cleaning the collection cup every 2 days and nuthing else! Very stable foam head and no constant readjustments needed after every cleaning etc etc. Two Thumbs up!

Like to add that cleaning the collection cup is sooooo easily.. twist and turn and remove.. then off to the toilet, flush then back all within a minute :P

No tunning is required after firing up again.

Must see who holds the fastest record of cleaning the collection cup.

AP1003 come come come :eyeblur:

EAN is the deltec distributor in town. Yeah I know in the past got delivery problem but now Edmund going to keep stock :P Check out with him. Prices are lower than you get from German online websites.

Don't talk about skimmer comparison, too sensitive, leads to a lot of problem :P Buy and use, can keep your tank nutrient levels low then good already. If current sized too small then go for next sized.

• SRC Member

WL

Price still the same leh if you compare both sides. Got mine from Germany before the price increase. Maybe after price increase, then slightly more expensive. Increase is only very slight....only Euro$100 for the AP1003.

EUR$100 is already S$200+ already. We still need to pay GST + bare the risk of any damage while the skimmer in in transit. Moreover now EAN prices are lower so there is really no goods reason to buy from online shop any more.

The auto-cleaner requires freshwater supply to clean the neck too, it also needs a drainage system to flush away the skimmate, I think end up too troublesome.

Moreover the AP850 and small models all don't have SCH avaliable.

• SRC Member
Me aren't no walking price list of deltec. Give him a ring.

Know liao don't tell me pls... end up having to upgrade skimmer lol.

No need to upgrade skimmer lah bro, You already own the best out there (considering how the other skimmers are touchy and sensitive), a Deltec! :) IMHO of course! :)

• src unlocked this topic