AlfaRomeo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro weileong has one

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Here's my poor man's deltec AP850 currently serving my 2ft cube.

Model: AP850

Heavy Stocking 1000 Ltrs (222gals)

Normal Stocking 1500 Ltrs (333 gals)

Power consumption: Aquabee 2000/i feedpump : 38W

1260 needlewheel : 65W

Total: 103W.

Sign..... next time bigger time sure must go with bubble king.

post-34-1101898645.jpg

• SRC Member
Here's my poor man's deltec AP850 currently serving my 2ft cube.

Model: AP850

Heavy Stocking 1000 Ltrs (222gals)

Normal Stocking 1500 Ltrs (333 gals)

Power consumption: Aquabee 2000/i feedpump : 38W

1260 needlewheel : 65W

Total: 103W.

Sign..... next time bigger time sure must go with bubble king.

post-34-1101898645.jpg

O you mean me... :D

Model: Bubble King 3000 Internal

for aquarium from 1200 – 3000 l/h

2.000 L/H air suction - 6000 l/h water

pump energy 58 Watt/h

P1010159.jpg

• SRC Member
hhhmmmm...suprisingly a few beckett owners have changed to this deltec skimmer...

bet it is much more efficient...

I really hope its much more efficient.. hehehe... if not, $ not well spent.

So far after a week of running the Skimmer, what I like is the ease of tuning for wet skimmate or dry. Literally set it once and let it run in and then set it again for wet or dry skimmate.

Mine is still waiting for the skimmer to fully break in.. once it does, goes to set it for super wet skimmate in a bid to extract the last remaining DOCs in the water...

• SRC Member

O you mean me... :D

Model: Bubble King 3000 Internal

pump energy 58 Watt/h

P1010159.jpg

Alan, you got the king of all skimmers! Like Max says... nuthing on planet earth can touch it in performance once u get the sweet spot...

• SRC Member

I really hope its much more efficient.. hehehe... if not, $ not well spent.

So far after a week of running the Skimmer, what I like is the ease of tuning for wet skimmate or dry. Literally set it once and let it run in and then set it again for wet or dry skimmate.

Mine is still waiting for the skimmer to fully break in.. once it does, goes to set it for super wet skimmate in a bid to extract the last remaining DOCs in the water...

but if going for super wet skimming.. then will have alot of water loss leh... which I'm currently facing too...

that's what I switch back to half wet skimming will do.. cause every closing of my skimmer with that kind of big body size... my tubby has to run for a while to fill up the drop in water level..

Come to think abt it, you look at the specs of the bubble king vs other skimmers,. Price issue aside, in terms of performance

This is from RE website.

Bubble-King 300 intern

base plate : 32 x 50 cm

total height: 68 cm.

pump energy 58 Watt/h

Plus a red dragon 6000 l/h (65W) as feed pump, total consumption is 123W.

The specs roughly equal to a AP703

The European AP702 is fitted with 3 Eheim pumps each drawing in 700lts of air per hour giving a total of 2,100lts/hour.

For Aquariums up to:

Heavy Stocking 2300 Ltrs (444 gals)

Normal Stocking 3500 Ltrs (667 gals)

Power consumption for the AP703 (3x1260 needlewheel) = 3x65 = 195W

1262 feed pump at 80W

Total is 275W

Both BK 300 and AP703 has similar main chamber and very similar specs but you see the deltec draws more than double the power :P

Pricing wise also pretty similar (deltec cost a bit more) so I think the choice is obvious... less inital cost and less running cost.

• SRC Member
Alan, you got the king of all skimmers! Like Max says... nuthing on planet earth can touch it in performance once u get the sweet spot...

Well they have problem cause using external and placing it so far away..

mine internal not that much problem so long I meet the requirement of the skimmer..

so far so gd for my skimmer.. but still waiting for the new improve Bk to come in to replace my old one.. and then it will work even better... with better and easier control...

• SRC Member
Come to think abt it, you look at the specs of the bubble king vs other skimmers,. Price issue aside, in terms of performance

This is from RE website.

Bubble-King 300 intern

base plate : 32 x 50 cm

total height: 68 cm.

pump energy 58 Watt/h

Plus a red dragon 6000 l/h (65W) as feed pump, total consumption is 123W.

The specs roughly equal to a AP703

The European AP702 is fitted with 3 Eheim pumps each drawing in 700lts of air per hour giving a total of 2,100lts/hour.

For Aquariums up to:

Heavy Stocking 2300 Ltrs (444 gals)

Normal Stocking 3500 Ltrs (667 gals)

Power consumption for the AP703 (3x1260 needlewheel) = 3x65 = 195W

1262 feed pump at 80W

Total is 275W

Both BK 300 and AP703 has similar main chamber and very similar specs but you see the deltec draws more than double the power :P

well you are comparing BK 300 external not the internal..

cause internal you dont need feeding pump..

But Bk 300 is using 12" body size.. which is much bigger compare to deltec 10" body size...

Anyway looking at spec is not enough.. get to see the performance of both will be much better..

that's why I'm looking at bro AlfaRomeo see how his deltec is doing compare to my BK.. and our bio-load quite close to each other..

Even for my small little deltec AP850, I put have the return piping abt 2 ft away and I also get the same problem as they are facing with their external BK.

Cos of the long piping the water level was fluctuating in the skimmer by abt 1 to 1.5", not as much as they get in their BK as the flow thru is just about 1000 l/h compared to 6000 l/h.

Eventually I upsized the tubing and install another Tee and that solved my problem. Now the deltec skimming very well. Of course big world of diff compared to my weipro 2014 :P

For me I just say the truth even if I am using that particular brand, good no good I will also post :P

Putting out about 1" of super dark skimmate in the collection cup daily. I have tuned for slightly dryer skimmate already

well you are comparing BK 300 external not the internal..

cause internal you dont need feeding pump..

But Bk 300 is using 12" body size.. which is much bigger compare to deltec 10" body size...

Anyway looking at spec is not enough.. get to see the performance of both will be much better..

that's why I'm looking at bro AlfaRomeo see how his deltec is doing compare to my BK.. and our bio-load quite close to each other..

The AP703 is using 12" body as well and the flow thru rate is the same.

Must compare with similar product with similar specs, else not fair comparison already.

The BK300 internal does looks very attractive... perhaps when my new tank is ready then I might go for the internal one.

• SRC Member

The AP703 is using 12" body as well and the flow thru rate is the same.

Must compare with similar product with similar specs, else not fair comparison already.

The BK300 internal does looks very attractive... perhaps when my new tank is ready then I might go for the internal one.

lolz... but then you will have to perpare a big sump to house the skimmer...

• SRC Member

Actually the AP902 is already way overspec'ed for my little reef. My water volume is about 800L and the Skimmer is rated for 1800L heavy loading... so at least 2x overspec liao... Even if i screw up on the tuning by 50%, water quality should still be top notch ;)

Thats called 'Buffer for Human Error' ;)

Wish there is an easy way to tell exactly how clean the water is...

• SRC Member
Actually the AP902 is already way overspec'ed for my little reef. My water volume is about 800L and the Skimmer is rated for 1800L heavy loading... so at least 2x overspec liao... Even if i screw up on the tuning by 50%, water quality should still be top notch ;)

Thats called 'Buffer for Human Error' ;)

Wish there is an easy way to tell exactly how clean the water is...

hmm but from what I have read.. there is no such thing as over rated skimmer..

or over skimming...

Especially for those running zeovit system, they also recommend overskimming.

I think a big skimmer is your added insurance. How many times do you see someone posting in this forum say they went away for a few days, some big fish died in their tank and that starts a chain reaction cos the skimmer couldn't keep up with the increased bioload and then tank crash?

• src unlocked this topic