List Out The Kinds Of Hardy Corals.

• SRC Member

;) mushrooms very easy to take care..

needs little lighting but best to find out and 'read' every corals even the easiest are living and have basic requirements this and that to be successfull..

:heh:

other i can list out is leather fingers, bubbles, sun corals , polyps, good to start of from this but still i would find out more and all about care and feeding lighting etc. and also

some of it and aggresive so must be careful of placement..

is my mushroom

post-6-1062123625.jpg

• SRC Member

:nc: that is rite.. my tank

imo 1 month for newbie starting like me still young u need to test after putting prawn decaying em to start ammonia cycle see if its '0' then nitrate levels etc. and then ph level.. i would put in liverocks first if its ok then wait another 1 month plus test again then if its ok add in some hardy corals.. leave em for 1 or 2 weeks then test water if u wanna add in some more then lastly after u enough adding corals i put in 'nemo' :ph34r:

hehe

really the tank ecology must set up first

if u dun do this with patience u burn a hole in your pocket killing fishes and corals etc. and also destroying liverocks.. :cry2:

my tank after 8 months + still testing and also putting in corals not completed..

every 2 week on small fish

as my tank is 2 feet 15 gallon nano its so so so so hard to stable the water nitrate all..

post-6-1062124446.jpg

• SRC Member

yeah put em' for fun as b4 it was a freshwater tank.. now i put it in cause planning wat type to of landscape or coral i want

sorry i am ridiculous.. hehe

anyway its safe rite its inside for long time even durin b4 liverocks in

planning to replace it with fingers, x'mas coral and also with sea fans.. and now sea fans prices are sooo ex. !!

• SRC Member

:paiseh: hehehe ok i yeah i know that even my gf says it looks so weird inside.. haha my parents ask me somemore wat type of coral is that.. hehe sorry becoming off topic..

:off:

anyway sun coral it requires feeding and it requires 'medium' wave or really strong wave must put it in near where water flow is strong is it?? so it will open up i would like to keep it but still not too sure if my water flow strong enough..

i will update my tank again when i remove all my plastic plants and replace it with corals.. and that when it becomes original hehe

:paiseh::look:

• SRC Member

Oh yeah!!! My 2 cents worth...

leather, polyps, mushroom...they can survive for short period with low lighting.

When I moved my tank, I left my corals with a friend and he doesn't have very good lighting. Only those hardy corals like what I list above survive the 1 month period when my tank was cycling.

Do take note that not all corals can be put side by side as they will "fight" each other with "chemical warfare".

• SRC Member

hahah yeah that will be left there man.. anyway yeah the clog shoe is a favourite place for my fishes to go inside sleep .. hehe sometimes it amuse me as if they playing hide and seek inside it and also my damsels seems to be to be digging holes now.. and doing their mating 'thing' is that normal?? sigh and wandering its a blue velvet damsel and a yellow tail damsel..

do take note of LPS.

they got long tentacles, hence the name LPS.

Usually wack those nearby corals into submission.

Chemical warface is that the corals have protective

mucus. More for their self protection, but those suay

suay nearby ones will be badly affected.

Take note of bubbles n plate coral. One or two days,

surrounding corals all upz the lorry or almost there.

• SRC Member

yeah great idea anybody know where to get cheap ship wrecks with holes

bwilly i know u have one where do u got it?? was it from randy's store cause i saw it there for $20+ i think

anywhere can get save for the tank too..

can any experts here list out some hardy corals that are suitable to keep by newbies? best to provide some pictures also. THanKs!!

IMo mushroom are rather hardy........ They require little light and sometime survive in atrocious water condition(not all mushrrom are the same so pls read up)

BTW other softies such as toadstool leather are rather hardy too .............. Actually your description and question is ratehr vague, IMo tell us what lighting you have, water parameter like what kind of coral you intend to really keep.........

:nc: that is rite.. my tank

imo 1 month for newbie starting like me still young u need to test after putting prawn decaying em to start ammonia cycle see if its '0' then nitrate levels etc. and then ph level.. i would put in liverocks first if its ok then wait another 1 month plus test again then if its ok add in some hardy corals.. leave em for 1 or 2 weeks then test water if u wanna add in some more then lastly after u enough adding corals i put in 'nemo' :ph34r:

hehe

really the tank ecology must set up first

if u dun do this with patience u burn a hole in your pocket killing fishes and corals etc. and also destroying liverocks.. :cry2:

my tank after 8 months + still testing and also putting in corals not completed..

every 2 week on small fish

as my tank is 2 feet 15 gallon nano its so so so so hard to stable the water nitrate all..

Thats a funny looking tank

• SRC Member
sigh i am so sad cause evryone thinks my tank looks more freshwater..

sigh.. well my its my first.. i try scaping it to look more marine..

IMO remove the plastic plants n it will look fine. :P

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

sigh i am so sad cause evryone thinks my tank looks more freshwater..

sigh.. well my its my first.. i try scaping it to look more marine..

IMO is because people always expect marine tank to have lots of corals swinging their tentacles about, with colourful fish swimming up and down the tank thats why people always mistaken your atnk as a FW aquarium

those brown finger coral is the hardiest.... I've so far killed 3 batches of mushroom. but all my finger coral still survive.... they was one of the first batch of coral that I've bought from sealife since 1 yr ++ ago and it is still surviving....

IMO i think mushroom are the hardiest, i myself have lps coral , finger and tons of mushroom in my tank and they spread like crazy