Question For At

IanJ

AT, firstly just like to say how good your tank looks and a model for others to aspire to.

In one of the shots i noticed both a yellow and purple tang, which was added first, how was the latter tolerated by the first, which has turned out the most aggressive?

Spelling - should be AT and purple tang in header, sorry typing with eye problem

What tank? My tank more than a year ago? :D

Gee... it is no longer in existence... I have moved on from LPS corals.

I bought my yellow tang first, followed by 3 purple tangs together. Very little fighting amongst themselves.

They grew up together. I sold off 2 of the purples about a year ago I think. My yellow and remaining purple is Morgan's now. :)

Fat as pigs the last time I saw them! :)

Here's my ex-4 tangs at feeding time!

post-7-1062060059.jpg

Yes, your old tank, just interested in your experience.

I have a smaller yellow tang giving s**t to my recent purple tang addition(6 days)

I have never seen such aggressive behavior before from a yellow tang, powder blues yes.

Will monitor over next few days and see how it goes

I guess it really depends.

Perhaps a tang that is moderately aggressive can appear more aggressive than another supposedly more aggressive tang once it is allowed to establish itself first. Confused? ;)

Give them some time, zebrasomas are hardier than the Acanthurus species. They don't get stressed as easily.

I have good success rate of 1 vic so far with this method..can try..

take out your weaken tang.....Put a mirror in front of tank...put the weak one in the basket.....once YT too occupied with his own image....alowly reintroduce the fish.....

my PT though established will not be other with the new Kole tang that was added to the tank....too busy attacking his own image in the tank..