My Coral Labs Zeovit Reactor

LinkinPark

• SRC Member

I started my zeovit system only when I received the zeovit reactor made by Coral Labs Cookiemunster. The reactor is a very important component of the zeovit system as it

1) force the water to flow through the media (fluidise method) to maximise the contact

2) clean the zeolith by shaking & mixing the media (clean the surface of the rocks as well as release the bacteria into the main tank for the coral to feed on)

3) can on and off water flow in the reactor via timer (the 3 hour on/off interval allow efficient reduction of PO4)

post-14-1101228922.jpg

• SRC Member

When I plunge the handle down, the zeolith will lump together supported by the cotton and will descend slowly.

I use cable tie to attach the cotton onto the plate, so that when i plunge the handle together with the cotton, the zeolith will "rain" like cats & dogs, dropping and mixing around and the effect of cleaning will be better ;) .

My wife & I love the reactor as it serves its function very well :D:lol:;)

Got to check with Cookiemunster, because if you off the PH, the water in the reactor chamber may be drained off totally.

(the on/off of the reactor is to allow better removal of PO4)

Can be solved by a check valve.

For me I do not use the cotton, find that it cleans better also when I slightly "push" the handle downwards... the vortex effect will cause the media to be clean very well.

I do not have problem with the smaller zeolites dropping down as the pump action with the pump running would push the smaller pieces toward the top of the reactor after a few pumping.

This post might be of interest to anyone interested in zeovit.

The author talks abt not using kalkwasser in order for cheap fast solution of binding PO4 which will leak out later causing high PO4 problem.

For those that had been using kalkwasser to "solve" your PO4 problem, in future you get PO4 leaching problem you know why :P

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...923#post3353923