help on sps tank setup........

Have you tried reading the pinned thread ?

If not...can do a search....I learnt a lot from the old gurus here when I was going to try out keeping sps a while back

to answer your question specifically:

Try to go for MH (best 250W) with T5 supplement as it is a 3ft tank...or like me 8X T5...and do keep you sps on th eupper tier of the tank.

Skimmer....depends on your budget, bioload of tank....... can either go for smaller beckett or needlewheel skimmers..they are good. Spray Injection ones like AquaC are also efficient enuff.

Keeping sps is more than lights and skimmers, try here

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1629

If not...can do a search....I learnt a lot from the old gurus here when I was going to try out keeping sps a while back

Try to go for MH (best 250W) with T5 supplement as it is a 3ft tank...or like me 8X T5...and do keep you sps on th eupper tier of the tank.

Skimmer....depends on your budget, bioload of tank....... can either go for smaller beckett or needlewheel skimmers..they are good. Spray Injection ones like AquaC are also efficient enuff.

:thanks: deepblue.......

anyway u know where to get hose beckett or needle skimmers ur talkin about? or anybody could diy for me................thanks

For needlewheel....I used to use H&S.....very good skimmer!!! :lol:

Can check out SL or wait for sales forum lobangs....sees them appearing at very good price every now and then.

The EuroReef model is good as well.

For Spray Injection...think AquaC must get from one of the sponsor... We have a bro here who is able to diy a efficient one ...but not sure has time to do it for others.

DIYed beckett.....quite a lot of dudes can diy the skimmer... I am using a Reef Maniac mini beckett with md40 pump by Joe P (forum sponsor)