No algae. What have happened?

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...you guys must be thinking I am crazy to post this thread... :P

But for those who have seen my tank, do you realise it is rather clean? :rolleyes:

I have stopped using aragonite this time round and just normal #0 and #1.

I remembered last time, there was a bryopsis bloom in my tub until it seemed as if I was harvesting turtle weeds but now... :rolleyes:

Cleaners? Mostly nassarius(abt 10 pcs), bumble bees(abt 6pcs) and one sally lightfoot.

And you also know how often I feed my fish and how potent my fish food is... :P

So what has happened here? :huh:

feel free to offer your hypothesis... :P

Would give me an enriching lesson to learn. :)

Simple. You have gone past the algae phase already. Your biological filtration capabilities have matched your bioload in your tank, all the nutrients that had fueled algae growth have declined enough.

What exactly are u 'complaining' about? And are you trying to bait vegetarian fishes in various guises? Please don't! ;)

• SRC Member
Simple. You have gone past the algae phase already. Your biological filtration capabilities have matched your bioload in your tank, all the nutrients that had fueled algae growth have declined enough.

What exactly are u 'complaining' about? And are you trying to bait vegetarian fishes in various guises? Please don't! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

wow...how i wish that the magic water is in my tank :(

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nearly fell off my chair... :pinch::pinch:

On a second note, I never even gone through any algae phase lei. B)

aiyoh...you haven't seen the outbreak that occurred back then in the tub... :(

a lot of my gems were casualties of it... :angry::angry::angry:

and tivoli...I dun actually have a deep sandbed. so pass that off... B)

?? I thought u just said u did?

And you used back the same LR right? :erm:

• SRC Member

?? I thought u just said u did?

And you used back the same LR right? :erm:

Oh no...my dsylexic traits showing again? :P:D

what did you say that I just did? :huh: Muar no goalkeeper, can't catch any balls... :(

DSB? No lei...only said I using #0 and #1 sand.

Bryopsis bloom? yup...it occurred in my tub. You saw it before. :P

Some rocks were actually left dry and I used the remaining ones from the tub which I scrubbed off the algae painstakingly. Silly me but dun wan that hairy monster to come back to me from the tub. :P

Sis, den why u probing into the disappearance of Mr Bryo?!

Remember the verse, " Seek, and you will find "...

Tada!! Algae BOOM!! Opps! :P

But anyway, it's interesting that you brought it up.... maybe the rocks are real matured or the algae blooms really over?? :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I never had any bryopsis bloom b4.. the only kind of algae I got and am still getting is diatoms.. Not using any RO/DI system.. top up using tap water everyday think thats why the diatoms persist even until now.. been nearly a year liao my setup.

Live and Let Live

I never had any bryopsis bloom b4.. the only kind of algae I got and am still getting is diatoms.. Not using any RO/DI system.. top up using tap water everyday think thats why the diatoms persist even until now.. been nearly a year liao my setup.

Bro, I use DI water, but still got cyano every now and then... combating it now before it develops into a full blown bloom! :shock:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

This will always comes in my mind..

Bro Raymond u pay more for it issit? :lol::lol::lol:

Nutrients difffernt.. :yeah:

• SRC Member

This will always comes in my mind..

Bro Raymond u pay more for it issit? :lol::lol::lol:

Nutrients difffernt.. :yeah:

hahaha... yea.. I pay a lot for tap water... :P

No lah!! Think different area's tap water the quality also will differ one..

maybe my area the tap water quality is good :) lol

Live and Let Live