Calling RIO return pump users

kareen

• SRC Member

Hi there!

I have recently purchase a RIO26HF pump from our sponsor, Micheal Young. From day 1 I put in the pump, I find the motor is extremely noisy. How noisy you may ask. Well, this RIO26HF pump generate a hming sound louder than my RESUN chiller. Imagine that hming sound for 24/7. Also, I find that this RIO26HF is churning out quite a bit of fine bubbles into my display tank although the pump sits comfortably at least 1" below the water level in the third compartment of the sump.

May all the RIO return pump users comments how is the pump? I would like to know am I getting a faulty pump or not for the above mentioned problems.

Many, many, many thanks.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Sigh..... I have been feedback and corresponding with him for many weeks already..... First he say come and see nxt week then last minutes never come twice..... Then he say pump got no stock till today (1 months already)..... :(

• SRC Member

Seems that 20HF is good and 26HF is not

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
the new rio HF pumps come with rubber vibration absorber which i think is a good FOC item...does yours come with it??

What is that? Or how it looks like? I bought the RIO26HF from Micheal Young about 1 month only.....

• SRC Member

i also using 20HF (2nd hand somemore) for a few weeks liao and i have this to say:

This monster rocks! it works very well, and gives the highest flow per watt... I do not find its noisy but in terms of heat i am not very sure. I think my extrema is even hotter than the Rio......

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Hi Robin.....

How does the rubber vibration absorber looks like? Where is it suppose to be? I really have no idea..... A picture will helps. :thanks:

• SRC Member
i really need help to know where are the shop selling hyperflow as i need to get the best price..

I believe the price of new ones are pretty fixed unless you can get it 2nd hand. Do a search on the sponsor forum on RIO should have some findings.

Hi there!

I have recently purchase a RIO26HF pump from our sponsor, Micheal Young.  From day 1 I put in the pump, I find the motor is extremely noisy.  How noisy you may ask.  Well, this RIO26HF pump generate a hming sound louder than my RESUN chiller.  Imagine that hming sound for 24/7.  Also, I find that this RIO26HF is churning out quite a bit of fine bubbles into my display tank although the pump sits comfortably at least 1" below the water level in the third compartment of the sump.

May all the RIO return pump users comments how is the pump?  I would like to know am I getting a faulty pump or not for the above mentioned problems.

Many, many, many thanks.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Not sure if this help, but here's my 2 cents worth!

Had an almost similar problem recently, although it is not a Rio pump. A lot of noise (well more than normal) and flow reduced quite a bit. Tried off/on the pump, but did not help. Finally, juggled the pump while it was ON and under water, a lot of bubbles exited! Flow and noise returned back to normal! I guess either an air-lock occurred or the spindle did not seat correctly.

Worth a try. Hope it helps.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

• SRC Member

I am very graceful that many reefers had response..... Thanks. This is the latest update. Mike came this afternoon and confirmed that the pump is indeed noisier than normal. However he did not have a spare pump to lend me so that he can take out my return pump..... Mike was suggesting me to post here to see anyone got a spare pump to borrow for a while...... Therefore, does anyone here has a spare Eheim 1260/1262 or RIO26HF/32HF pump that I can borrow till Mike replace my return pump? I can only take the above pump due to piping constraint. Anyone? Please.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: