how to introduce lr to a 2 yr old tank

LIM CHYE HUAT

Generally, if your LR is well-cured, you can add it into an established tank.

To see if its well-cured, do the sniff test! It it stinks... you should cure it separately somewhere else. If it smells like the sea... then put it in!

Boxfish.... a crash usually means that a wipeout. Usually happens when something bad happens to upset the water enough to kill all livestock, even bacteria eg. ammonia overload, poisoning, zero water circulation causing a drop in oxygen etc.

• SRC Member
Generally, if your LR is well-cured, you can add it into an established tank.

To see if its well-cured, do the sniff test! It it stinks... you should cure it separately somewhere else. If it smells like the sea... then put it in!

Boxfish.... a crash usually means that a wipeout. Usually happens when something bad happens to upset the water enough to kill all livestock, even bacteria eg. ammonia overload, poisoning,  zero water circulation causing a drop in oxygen etc.

if i were to use uncure lr, how long must i leave it in a bucket of aquarium water, is lighting a must?

how to see if it is cured besides smelling it ?

and after all are cured, can i throw all( a few kg only) into the tank at the same time ?

and also any tips on choosing quality lr , i want those that are easy to stack up and arrange w/o the use of epoxy.

sorry for the multiple question . :P

• SRC Member

lighting not required.. just leave it in a running system for a week or so and see if the smell disappears.

the only way i see if an LR is cured is by smelling it.. very very VERY easy to distinguish a smelly (uncured) LR from a cured one..

*smells LR*

-- "hmmm nice lemme smell again" --> (cured)

OR

*smells LR*

-- "ugh damnit i think i'd rather be sailing then be doing this!" --> (uncured)

for the amount u can put in at 1 time, depends on the size of your tank too in a way.. if u have a small setup, maybe 1 rock at a time.. if nothing happens then 1 more and 1 more and so on...

if u have a bigger setup then maybe 2 or 3 at 1 go should be fine.. but remember to cure them 1st la because an uncured LR means :ph34r:

good lr... get round ones to stack up... flat ones to put clams or rics.. or for a cliff somewhere.. long ones for bridges across deep valleys of round boudlers.. :eyebrow:

takashi amano should start to write a book abt stacking someday.. :whistle

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead