Recommendation on CO2 tank and Solenoid?

RAV-65

Bro... sometimes the output of the CR jam and that will cause the pH in the CR chamber to crash and end up the ARM will turn into powder.

Or sometimes pple use low quality stuffs and the CO2 bubbles unsteady then sometimes too much CO2 gets injected also.

At the end of the day better use high quality stuffs, sometimes money cannot save one :P

Hmmm... totally agree, dat's why I'm willing to get something good, so dat I dun regret in the future den gotta buy a better one again.... Anyone familiar withe swagelok thingy? is it good enough?

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Hmmm... totally agree, dat's why I'm willing to get something good, so dat I dun regret in the future den gotta buy a better one again.... Anyone familiar withe swagelok thingy? is it good enough?

Bro, denerale and Dupla definately quality stuff.... But their prices....

Dupla regulator basic set only ~$250+ (w/ neddle valve but no gauge)

Dupla solenoid attachment ~$300

I never use Bioplast before, so no comments but for the above 2, definately recommend if you have $$ to spare.

My Dupla basic regulator set 3yrs and counting (from freshwater to marine now), no problems, no leaks. Stable even at low bubble count (supose to be as low as 1 bubble per 15sec, but i only tried to 1 bubble per 10sec)

My dupla solenoid 2nd hand but also no problem B)

So I not sure what you mean by quality stuff... :erm: U got the $$ to spare then get the swagelok valve, you need to get a regulator. Check with weisoon since he selling, ask him what is he using for his regulator / needle valve / solenoid setup, then just copy his setup. Very simple, no more headaches.

• SRC Member

I am using an Industrial regulator made in Germany without the needle valve and with the Swagelok needle valve attached to it. I myself think it is an overkill. Reason being whether you have a PH controller coupled with a solenoid, let me explain:

1. Without a controller/solenoid: To get a VERY constant bubble count, then the most critical component other than the 2 stage regulator is the needle valve. This needle valve will give you very precise control of the bubble count. However, note that constant tuning of the bubble count and effulent flow from CR is needed due to calcium demand changed when adding new stock, lighting period changed etc. So there is quite a lot of work to do in regards to the tuning part.

2. With a controller/solenoid: This set up makes life very simple but the whole set up will cost more or much more. You will have to get the solenoid and the PH controller. With this system, just insert the PH probe into the CR chamber and the set the desired PH setting of 6.5-6.7 on the PH controller and that's it. If the PH in the chamber goes below the desired stting due to too high bubble count, the solenoid will cut off the CO2 supply till the value goes above and the supply of co2 will again be 'switched' on by the solenoid.

My setup: Deltec PF600s with original deltec solenoid. CO2 cylinder is Catalina aluminium 10 lbs with regulator with the Swagelok needle valve attached. PH controller is the IKS system.

In other words, in my case, actually I do not need a very good needle valve like the Swagelok (just a normal one will do) as I already have a solenoid/controller to do all the switching.

But like I mentioned again, if you get a Swagelok needle valve with a reasonably cheap and good 2 stage regulator, the end result will be still better than a Bioplast unit (with a normal needle valve) and cheaper somemore.

Hope all the explaination helps to all.