is LFS bluffing me?

Rocks

• SRC Member

Hi All,

Visited a LFS and was told that I can actually drip Calcium, Alkalinity, Kalkwasser all at the same time in the sump tank BUT each in seperate dripping container.

Can anyone verify that whether is it safe or are there any negative effect?

Anyone out there dripping all 3 at one go ? or 2 of the above at one go ?

:huh::shock:

:thanks:

CHEERS!

Rocks

Is not good IMO

Its risky and you are lucky if you do not get any precipitation

If you really want to drip, do that on alternate days instead

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

You can drip this stuff from different container. Actually,you dont have to drip at the same time as dosing doesnt take a lot of time, why not add one first, check water parameter, then dose the other stuffs.

A piece of advice, always check your water parameter and do a record how much dosage you drip will lead to how much difference in water parameter.

There are a lot of reefers who uses Calcium plus and kalk at the same time. It boils down to control.

• SRC Member
You can drip this stuff from different container. Actually,you dont have to drip at the same time as dosing doesnt take a lot of time, why not add one first, check water parameter, then dose the other stuffs.

A piece of advice, always check your water parameter and do a record how much dosage you drip will lead to how much difference in water parameter.

There are a lot of reefers who uses Calcium plus and kalk at the same time. It boils down to control.

thanks deepblue and blueheaven for your respond..

i guess its better safe then sorry....

CHEERS!

Rocks

If you want to do it this way, you better first ensure that your water circulation is excellent.

If one solution doesn't dissolve quickly enough and if gathered in enough concentration... that may cause some negative reaction like precipitation when it comes in contact with another concentrated solution.

Don't take the risk and don't waste your additives by taking shortcuts... or you'll end up 'short-circuiting' your water. ;)

• SRC Member
If you want to do it this way, you better first ensure that your water circulation is excellent.

If one solution doesn't dissolve quickly enough and if gathered in enough concentration... that may cause some negative reaction like precipitation when it comes in contact with another concentrated solution.

Don't take the risk and don't waste your additives by taking shortcuts... or you'll end up 'short-circuiting' your water. ;)

thank you AT for your respond too... will not be doing the short cut way.

CHEERS!

Rocks