sea chem denitrate reliable not or ?

LIM CHYE HUAT

• SRC Member

IMO, these nitrate removing medias only maintain the level of nitrates presently in your tank and not remove.To remove nitrates now present in your tank, you have to export them by changing water, grow macroalgae in your sump, or use denitrator.Last resort may be to use AZ-NO3.Don't know what effects that has later on.

• SRC Member
anyone using the above product care to commend?

hi.... i'm using the 1L bottle for my 3 ft tank for the past one wk plus. placed it in this sump compartment where water flow is abt 9L/hr. so far, nitrate has dropped from 25mg/L, approaching 12.5mg/L over the past 1wk. i don't have a better test kit, so i can't give you more precise readings. i'm monitoring nitate once a wk. will keep you updated. but my results may not be accurate becos i added 2 fish ard the time i got the bottle and my slug disappeared from the tank 2 days ago.

i think abt the part being a nitrate factory, i think if the water flowing through it is slow, poorly aerated and certainly not trickling through, then it shouldn't be a problem.

slug - disappeared

post-7-1100536157.jpg

Its just a media for bacteria to grow on.

The core is supposedly dense. You can probably get the same effect from coral chips or LR.

Its simular to sintered glass bio-rings.