Advice on Fridge

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

Yup, before I start my reno, I have concrete slab (2 inch high) in my floor plan... then my father-in-law told his workers not to construct the concrete slab for the fridge... DAMN! My father-in-law happens to be my main contractor... and he insists I use those stoopid looking 4 piece of stones to support the legs... rather than build a concrete slab... wah lao, what generation already...

Yeah, dun tell me I shouldn't use him in the first place... but sigh, I have no choice... he has been quite a **** in the *ss since the start of the reno, trying to integrate his ideas (but I must admit some of his advices were really practical lah) and my whole floor plan changed upside down...

Question is:

Now that he has have his way (since he is the main cont) and I dun have a concrete slab... Is there a better alternative to raise the fridge so I can wash my floor.... and I mean really hard scrub with lots of water without damaging my fridge?

I have ordered a mitsubishi (twin model)...

Do fridge these days required you to raise them?

Also, I heard that there are some nice looking stand (metal ones) from DIY shops...

Anyone has any advice?

I just got myself a new fridge today!! What a coincidence!! The last fridge was giving us a lot of problems! :(

Anyway... I think modern fridges do not need to be raised high. I think the old designs had a fan or something under the unit... or was it the condenser coils?

• SRC Member
I just got myself a new fridge today!! What a coincidence!! The last fridge was giving us a lot of problems! :(

Anyway... I think modern fridges do not need to be raised high. I think the old designs had a fan or something under the unit... or was it the condenser coils?

I think so too... was looking at my sis's fridge (mitsubishi folio) and notice that there is a metal plate and plastic tray at the bottom....

No opened fan coil or generator like in the past....

So AT, what fridge did you get.... you look like the fisher and paykel sort....

BTW, heard u are looking for black scorpion? Can hook you up with "butterfly park & insect kingdom" if you want.... but do you have to take them out?

• SRC Member

It is still best to have a 2 inch raise concrete for the fridge. The way my wife wash the kitchen, it will defintely corrode the fridge if it is not raised.

Anyway, my new fridge arriving today.

• SRC Member

I just realize that a fridge cost much less than a chiller! :angry:

And my new fridge is 8 times bigger than a TW6 chiller.

Luckily I never tell my wife the cost of the 2 chillers I bought. :ph34r:

One of them died already. :(

• SRC Member

why not ask your father-in-law to just add in the raised platform? tell him that mordern fridges do not need space below it like the older fridges and also it would be easier to scrub the kitchen floor. maybe u can tell him it looks nicer also la but that might insult him if he's a little sensitive.. :rolleyes:

but really i've never been to a new house with those 4 stones supporting the legs of the fridge..

however, u can give in to him now.. since he is the main contractor, should be cheaper right? so when he has finished his work, go get another contractor to touch up the job lor..

2 cents... :pinch:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

Just went to check out Best Denki and other electrical shops (Not getting from them though!)... Their items are too pricey... got mine from Tai Sin (Toa Payoh).... The shop is famous for parallel import and also much cheaper....

Anyway, the salespeople at Best Denki told me new fridges in fact dun need concrete slabs anymore... They have rollers and stands on their own and also the bottom and back is protected unlike the old models were the fan coil and coolant unit are exposed...

No choice, just ask my wife not to splash water here and there loh...

• SRC Member
My previous fridge was a stainless steel Electrosux.

I got myself a new Samsung fridge! ;) Cheap and good!

Electrosux. Nice name. My Electrosux washing machine kaput also. I thought the advertisement said that it can last for a few generation.

My new fridge is Samsung too. :D 2 vertical door model.

• SRC Member

Yup.... electrosux alright.... :lol::D:lol:

We were initially tempted by the stainless steel fad also.... then again when it comes to electronic appliances, it is the functions that matters more than looks...

Regarding stainless steel fridges, my friend's maid used a metal wool scrub to clean the surface.... Should see his face..... :shock::shock::cry::cry:

• SRC Member
Yup.... electrosux alright.... :lol::D:lol:

We were initially tempted by the stainless steel fad also.... then again when it comes to electronic appliances, it is the functions that matters more than looks...

Regarding stainless steel fridges, my friend's maid used a metal wool scrub to clean the surface.... Should see his face..... :shock::shock::cry::cry:

my previous maid put my sister's school shoes, laces and all, in the 'electrosux' machine... effectively rendering it unable for use from then on with all the laces entangled in the holes :pinch:

maybe maids are jealous... :angel:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead