tyre change reccomendations

moron_clown

• SRC Member

Anyone has reccomendations for a high performance tyre.main priority is ultimate grip,price comes second and all the rest e.g. comfort,road noise i dun care.Anyone has experience with falcon azenis RT215??or any other makes or brands to reccomend?thanx alot.

• SRC Member

Mad! Falken RT215 is dangerous in the wet and Singapore is very wet.

Even if you don't want comfort you shouldn't compromise on safety. I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport 2 for the track and Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 for street driving.

PS2 is slightly noiser than SO3 but much lighter and more comfortable. Threadwear should be excellent and grip in both wet and dry is superb. Probably the best and most expensive tyres on the market.

AD07 is heavy, hard and noisy. It has better wet grip and slightly less dry grip than PS2. Threadwear looks to be poor but they are cheap.

Cheap tyres to consider are BFGoodridge GF Sports and Kumho Excsta 712.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Mad! Falken RT215 is dangerous in the wet and Singapore is very wet.

Even if you don't want comfort you shouldn't compromise on safety. I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport 2 for the track and Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 for street driving.

PS2 is slightly noiser than SO3 but much lighter and more comfortable. Threadwear should be excellent and grip in both wet and dry is superb. Probably the best and most expensive tyres on the market.

AD07 is heavy, hard and noisy. It has better wet grip and slightly less dry grip than PS2. Threadwear looks to be poor but they are cheap.

Cheap tyres to consider are BFGoodridge GF Sports and Kumho Excsta 712.

thanx for the info,i also kinda suspect that the rt215 has lousy anti planning capablitiies judging by the tread markings.Any advice on the price of a 16 inch AD07??How about perelli P Zero Rosso??my experience with perelli is that it grips very very well in the wet,but in the dry,it kinda suck and tyre life is almost non existence...

• SRC Member

im using st115 16 inch . the price diff between it and ad07 is $40 . suggest getting ad07 . RT215 semislick thread design , But the compound is rubbish . beware ad07 . dun even last long enough to get rotated ( depend on u driving ) and cost a bomb . u want ultra ultra ultra performance . get Advan A048 but When it rains leave your car at home . btw think i heard info that semislicks are illegal

AD07 cheap :( rich boy . pilot sport 2 is for rich rich people .

ST115 is excellent . love it . changed 4 sets of tyres in my 8 months of driving . Toyo first . then ad07 then st115 then st115 again . still feel its the best .

• SRC Member

I use Falcon Azenis for front and Goodyear for back (17"). Falcon good for track(burn a lot :P ) but like mentioned, not too suitable for wet ground. I'm also considering changing my falcon to Michelin PS2. PS2 definitely most Exp.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

used both PS2 and SO3 on 18 inch. felt that PS2 is quieter, more comfortable. SO3 tends to be noisy after 10K km. Tires like these have to be taken every 10k for balancing and rotation. Nowadays they are using Nitrogen gas to fill up the tires. It suppose to keep the tires cooler. Check out south east tire in ubi

• SRC Member

moron_clown,

16" what size? 205/55/R16 or 205/50/R16 or 225/50/R16?

Pirelli Zero is definitely no no! Thread all gone after 10000km. Very expensive on the long run. Grips well though.

There are two types of AD07, YHI imported and parallel imported. YHI is export quality and PI is JDM spec. Difference is JDM is grippier but wear out faster (<20000km). To tell the difference based on looks, the JDM does not have a Threadwear number that is required for DOT certification.

Hurry Tyres next to Serene centre is also a good plce to change tires. Actually, the boss, Ah Tan, is the brother of the owner of South East Tyres at Kaki Bukit.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Tried Michelin Pilot Sport 205/55/16

Clocked 70K ( 2 years ),

Rotate every 5K.

Still Lasting.

But need to change.

No more Pilot Sport 2 in maket ( was told ). I don't know where Tanzy got his :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
No more Pilot Sport 2 in maket ( was told ). I don't know where Tanzy got his :)

That's old news. Lots of PS2 on the market now. Check out Hurry Tyres, Leong Seng or South East. They are stocking PS2s. 224/45/R17 should be about $300 and 225/40/R18 should be $380.

My friend is close to 50000km on the PS2 and his review is good! Initial cost is high but these tyres will out live all the other performance tyres.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

My friend is close to 50000km on the PS2 and his review is good! Initial cost is high but these tyres will out live all the other performance tyres.

If suay suay kanna nails and type puncture then replacement cost will be very high. Somemore sometimes needs to replace one pair depending on the wear and tear on the other tyre.

• SRC Member

weileong,

Puncture usually can repair.

erictck,

Eagle F1 GSD3 is notoriously noisy. Any thread pattern that has V-shape grooves or big blocks of rubber will be ultra noisy that's why you don't see it on comfort tyres.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

I'm using ES100. I don't do hardcore racing or anything, heck I don't even speed :angel:

good enough that even my mother actually notices and appreciates the better grip it offers during horrible weather. (=

most importantly, check around for drivers who drive the same car as you and have the tyre that you are looking for. *rim size and tyre ratio alikeness will be a bonus*