Harlequin Shrimp!!

hobbes

• SRC Member
haha! u guys r really funny.

Alrite, wait afew more days. I'll show u guys my 2ftinvertebrate tank..

Shrimps, hermits and 2 fat HS (: (:

Won't the other shrimps attack the HS?

How about boxer shrimp? are they comparable with HS?

I have a spare 1ft tank, think of using it to setup invertebrate tank. Think of having a pair of HS, blue boxer and firegoby...

Long weekend coming....maybe have time to setup :P

Anyone know where to buy 1ft lighting?

• SRC Member

Won't the other shrimps attack the HS?

How about boxer shrimp? are they comparable with HS?

I have a spare 1ft tank, think of using it to setup invertebrate tank. Think of having a pair of HS, blue boxer and firegoby...

Long weekend coming....maybe have time to setup :P

Anyone know where to buy 1ft lighting?

If ur tank is too small not advisable.

I have a pair of H.S, CBS and Cleaner Shrimp in my 55G tank. So far no casualty. However, when the CBS goes near the H.S, one of the H.S will go on guard and teh CBS will eventually back off.

Impt point, make sure they have enough space to themselve.

Cheers

JC

• SRC Member

If ur tank is too small not advisable.

I have a pair of H.S, CBS and Cleaner Shrimp in my 55G tank. So far no casualty. However, when the CBS goes near the H.S, one of the H.S will go on guard and teh CBS will eventually back off.

Impt point, make sure they have enough space to themselve.

Cheers

JC

Thanks for the advice.

I have one 'golden' boxer shrimp in my 3ft, can't add a blue boxer in, so tot about setting up another tank and get a blue boxer....best if can add in HS...

• SRC Member

I have a pink female and blue male which are mated... today, found the blue one died and the female one bloated with eggs... I have them for 2months and they have grown from 3cm to now 5 cm in size... is this normal for mated pair to kill the male ? :unsure:

• SRC Member
I have a pink female and blue male which are mated... today, found the blue one died and the female one bloated with eggs... I have them for 2months and they have grown from 3cm to now 5 cm in size... is this normal for mated pair to kill the male ? :unsure:

I tot only female spiders kill the male after mating.

This is the article I can find regarding shrimp reproduction.

Can any of the bros and babes comment? B)

The male one raped the female one... so the female one murdered the male one in return! :lol:

Honestly... i dunno the answer also.... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I have a pair too ... has been with me for more than 6 months ... it's a wonderful pair of shrimps that I ever had ....

I had a 4ft tank, a pair of HS, a pair of Blood Shrimp, A pair of Golden Boxer, 1 purple boxer and 3 skunk shrimp. So far, no problem with them quarelling at each other.

I actually tried cutting one of the starfish leg to feed it to them but was unsuccessful .... their leg is as hard as skeleton ... mind you .. I'm using those meat cutter scissors ... and could only cut slightly on the skin of the starfish ... amazing!!!

Cruelty, yes, a bit lah .... so, at last I decided to feedthem the whole starfish .... The satrfish actually will not die during the whole feeding process but only until the HS eat the centre part of the starfish ... so, contaminating to the tank, I don;t think so.

I like observing them flipping over the starfish and started carrying the starfish from one end of the tank to the othe end back to their 'cave'. It's so amazing!