achilles tang

hi everyone. i know im posting another forum about my achilles tang again only this time is diffrent. i went on vacation for 4 days and when i came home my tang was missing so this morning i moved all the rocks around hoping to find it stuck between a rock or something. what i found was its bone remainings. the only other fish i have in the aquarium is a tiny 1inch yellow tailed damsel. does anyone know what might have happend and is it possible for the yellow tailed damsel to eat the whole fish in 4 days?. thank you

I'm very sure its the work of 'clean-up crews' such as crabs, pistol shrimps, bristleworms, pods etc.

These are usually hitchhikers and you may not even get to see them at all.... ;)

thank you everyone for your insites.you guys are so cute.again this is an aquarium thats has been set up for no longer than 1 month. this system contains a 72gal aquarium with live sand and rocks. when i got the live rocks i cleaned it myself in a 5gal bucket with sea water so there couldnt be any stow aways. when i added the achilles tang the only fish/ invertebrate i had was a yellow tailed damsel, and thats it. so the other living thing in this aquarium is a yellow tailed damsel fish.

• SRC Member

u r cute bro. When i set up my tank. i inspected, washed and soaked in freshwater. I even poked the LRs with pincer here and there and soak in in tap water for 10-15 minutes. And yet i can still get mantis shrimp as well as worms in my tank.

The only way i can think of to hav a lifeless rock is to soak them in tap water, pour in cupper solution and let it stand for 1 wk. Next is to sun them for 1wk.

Puttin a AT in a less than 1mth setup tank, with or without any hitch hikers..ur AT r highly not gonna make it. And tat may explain y ur AT up the lorry.

when i added the achilles tang the only fish/ invertebrate i had was a yellow tailed damsel

fyi....

AT and yellow tailed damsel r classified as fish.

Invertebrates r shrimps, crabs, bristtle worms....etc.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• 1 month later...