need drastic measures to catch a goby

untouchables

• SRC Member

dunno if the goby is at fault or juz at the wrong place at the wrong time but to me, he is the culprit for one of my colony stn completely and now starting on the next acro. is actually a clown goby. full body grey with 2 thin vertical stripes on face and 2 thin vertical strips at body, near the pectoral fins. im pretty sure it is a clown goby but why it is pecking on my sps???

trap dun work and spear dun work so im thinking like cyanide the whole tank, then catch out and change water! will that work?

is there something like stun gun to stun fishes in a vicinity of 2-3 inches?

• SRC Member
put a grouper in to finish off this clown goby.

Then after that don't feed the grouper and let it up lorry.

will this grouper bite my tangs or sps? if no, tomolo i go buy grouper liao. wet market got sell big big one :P but lfs... which one got grouper? i think aquamarin got panther grouper and thot i saw one pollenei grouper at lck110 but at 300 or did i see the wrong fish?

any type or specific species?

• SRC Member
normally clown gobies will stay in one colony for some time b4 hopping to the next,what i did was to wait till it gets into the colony then i cover the clony with a net and took the colony out inverted.hope it helps.

thanks bro. it will work for my yellow clown goby but not this one cos it seems to hide under the colony, ie at the base and moves along the rock crevices and a few of the colonies. gonna try today and see if can get this bugger, otherwise im gonna rescape this weekend JUZ for this goby :cry2: