Please help to ID this algae!

• SRC Member
bryopsis. reduce PO4, increase skimming. Don't pull them out else they will spread.

Or remove the LR and brush it clean outside the tank.

Or use epoxy to cover it.

thanks. i juz plucked some out last nite :( got some other spots where i can see it growing.

why the darn tangs dun eat them?

cos they taste horrible lol.

When you plug them out they will release some spores and they will spread to more places.

I bought quite a lot of them growing when my tank was ard 2-3months so I just took out the affected LR and give them a good scrub. Now after 10 months+ I don't see them anymore for many months already.

Those I cannot take out I use epoxy to cover it.

You can try a foxface, they might eat it.

When they are small, use epoxy to cover, when they grow too big, more difficult to epoxy them.

• SRC Member
cos they taste horrible lol.

When you plug them out they will release some spores and they will spread to more places.

I bought quite a lot of them growing when my tank was ard 2-3months so I just took out the affected LR and give them a good scrub. Now after 10 months+ I don't see them anymore for many months already.

Those I cannot take out I use epoxy to cover it.

You can try a foxface, they might eat it.

When they are small, use epoxy to cover, when they grow too big, more difficult to epoxy them.

thanks.