Anemone got minced

wsiong

• SRC Member

Found a small part of my anemone partially minced this morning. I have removed it to a pail...water in the 2' tank is slightly cloudy..

Does anyone know the survival chance of the anemone? I know I have to change the tank's water but can only do so after I get home after work. So worried now that the whole system will crash! :(

Wsiong...

That happened to me once....

I doubt ya injured anemone in d pail of water is gonna make it...even if it does make it thru 2day...tomolo may be doubtful...judging from the "cloudiness" it made in ya tank...I assume that it is quite badly injured...most prob its innards r showing....?

(Its turns really stinko-winko after it dies) :blink:

Tank....may be okie if u have a good filtration system....u prob have to change at least 50% of ya water depending on the cloudiness of the water.

And relax buddy...worrying is unfounded.

Eat snake...chao early...n do ya thang!

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member

Change as much water as possible but please make sure that it is mixed overnight if it is salt mix to dissapate the CO2 produced. Then heavily use a good carbon. Or you might use water from Reborn or some other marine shop first. The anemone will really pollute the tank. Happened to me once.

• SRC Member

This is wsiong's picture.

post-7-1035997754.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Actually the outlet of the protein skimmer is more than enough to create some turbulence on the surface but that is only temporarily. I will be setting up an external 2' sump soon which will be able to provide oxygen circulation.

Actually the outlet of the protein skimmer is more than enough to create some turbulence on the surface but that is only temporarily. I will be setting up an external 2' sump soon which will be able to provide oxygen circulation.

i believe u would be using external overflow box. where and how much does it cost to get it??

i believe u would be using external overflow box. where and how much does it cost to get it??

• SRC Member

Goniopora? Quite unlikely. Only goniopora that last longer than a few years are the ones that come with the LR.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

When was the last time somebody tried mathematical probability?

post-36-1093875548.jpg