maintain kh 8 for zeovit system

• SRC Member

You should be tuning the CR to maintain the KH at whatever levels you set in your tank. if your tank is KH 7 , the reactor should be tuned to maintain that level...

how to drop your Kh level to that level? switch off your CR for a few days until it drops to whatever level you want then switch on your CR. If you have tuned it correctly, it will maintain the KH at that new level.

Occasional boosting of KH/Ca levels (if required) should be done with additives and not increased via the CR :)

A bit off-topic Talking about this, my CR has been offline for the last 5 days.

Finally my Ca has dropped from 490ppm down to 415ppm last night and should be 400ppm this evening.

Meanwhile I dose kH buffer till crazy :P

Careful abt dosing kH like crazy. I did that and shot up to more than 15.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

my kH is at 10 as measured last nite so i tuned my CR lower and maybe do water change this weekend to bring it down to 8. used to be 12 before i started zeovit and im tuning it slowly... my Ca was from 500 and now at 400.

im using kalk to bring up my pH (always drop to 7.8-7.9 after 2 days) and as means to top up the Ca in my tank (as supplementary method to my CR).

target...

pH 8.1-8.3

Ca 400-420

kH 7-9

hopefully by this weekend all will be stable

What WL meant is controlled dosing like crazy... hehehehe

yes controlled dosing. Just enuff to keep the kH stable in my tank. How keeping it ard 7 with the kH buffer. I take ard 10 litres of DO/RI water with the kH buffer then drip it for 24hrs.

Before that my kH also ard 7 with my CR but then Ca just stick to ard 490ppm. Just measured my Ca and still ard 415ppm so I guess I measure again tomorrow and see if I can put my CR back online.