S'poreans on dive trip detained in Bintan

lightningstrike

• SRC Member

well, guess singaporean operators who do liveaboards have been treading the fine line for a long time without much trouble..

and since there's been at least one operator who went thru the proper channels in securing the travel permits etc, its only a matter of time there will be such an event. So i guess the rest of the operators will have to follow bah..

Its as competitive a trade as the marine fish business and i wont be surprise if there's such "scares" or inconveniences happening once in a while.. :(

• 2 months later...

Didn't realize there was a thread here.

Vincent's my friend, I called him when he got stranded there... he told me everything was fine actually. Not so today, his boat is still there... but it should be released next week.

He lost a lot of money. :(

• 3 weeks later...
this one is almost a blessing in disguise. Can u imagine if the boat was not detained? IT might have been in phuket and smashed to bits..... would have lost more money then.....

a blessing in disguise indeed. more ppl could hv lost their lives.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Yes, he did say its a blessing in disguise. I could have been on that boat in fact. I love diving on his boats... great company, good food, wonderful diving!