3 feet tank with top bracing

Anemone

• SRC Member
thinking of converting my current 3 ft freshwater to marine.

tank is made of 6mm glass. with bracing at the top. (3 extra strips of glass for reinforcement. center strip being wider, about 5 inches. side bracing about 2inches)

bro Vinoth,

6mm , you are taking a big risk. save cost in tank but risk of a salt water "pool'' in your house.. ;)

8mm for 3ft... what size is it? if it is 3ftx2ftx2ftor2.5ft ... stick to 10mm. ;)

my 2ft cube already 10mm :P Actually wanted 12mm to be on the very safe side.

The price for a new tank is not that much.

Oh yes take care of the tank support too make sure it can hold the tank properly as later on when your tank is matured and you need to replace the tank means you need to tear the whole tank apart again.

IMHO it is better to get everything right once and for all so you can enjoy the fruit of your labour rather than having to start all over again.

• SRC Member

Anemone,

my 3ft 8mm fresh water tank cracked >7 six years ago. Real case!! My house became a salt water pool ! This year, i am back to my reef hobby again.

Take my advice. In reef keeping , >> better - play safe. For a strong 4ft tank 12mm !! . Don't save $$ for tank and cabinet etc.Horrify to see your beloved coral and fish swimming on your floor.. !!

My personal experience!!