Why all the nice sport cars

minsmarine

• SRC Member

Yea, DeepBlue it's my point. I am not talking about gold spone feed and uncle's neice type :)

I do notice that there are lot of young woman doing very successful ( especially since .com boom days ). And they are single :)

And today, I sent my daughter to ballet class and I notice there are a few sport cars , And I didn't know that all those car were driven by my daughter's friend's MOTHER

Geeez I guess I was in wrong car park :(

I didn't see that b4 as those mother were park somewhere else or me in early.

But do notice most of them are single parent.

So they are single, spent all the money they earn ( esp car ) and even I saw once woman riding 1.5L BMW Bike.

I am wonder if they are doing so well, will they able to find their soulmate ?

My lawyer friend said "###### , can have with anyone. Married can't change"

Guys, do u see any dangerous............ or shall we have fun with them

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
My lawyer friend said "###### , can have with anyone. Married can't change"

Guys, do u see any dangerous............ or shall we have fun with them

Since they are into sports car, more chances than not, they are also out to have fun......so why not? :angel:

Woa , tis discussion gives me instinct to my current cse... sociology and the social problems.... muz include in my research when i go for Msc.Economics in yrs to come...haha

But i was thinking abt this issue tis afternoon that so fast it came to forum. Saw 2 pretty ladies in a brand new Mercs..they looked veri veri young..one was smiling at me :eyebrow: Was thinking , woa , some ppl like my dad slough day and night and at 55 yrs old , average monthly income > $7000 finds it so difficult to own a car , yet ppl at age 20s - 30s are driving alreadi... Are they realli tat financially stable ? or they r juz enjoying the low installment plan and lower COEs ?

:ph34r:

• SRC Member
Are they realli tat financially stable ? or they r juz enjoying the low installment plan and lower COEs ?

I also know people who live by the day/month without much savings/financial investments. Their concept is if I cannot pay the next month, then sell off the car. Personally, I find the total interest paid over 7 years(old system) now 10 years? is really no joke. Can end up paying 30%-40% extra of the buying price of the car after 7yrs or 10 yrs.

• SRC Member

Well a lof them r capable woman, as far as in my circle.

the rest suger feed or silver spone feed, I don't know.

I am bit worry about social problem. Yea we are man, so can hang along with them to do ..........

However , we are asian and Singapore is only small and only a few people , if we have no family to replace the losess, than........ DeepBlue what do u think

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

You are right singapore is small. But things can always happen overseas through arrangements. Guess at the end of the day, its one's self control. If want to have fun, must know the limits and cover the tracks. Else just keep on reefing to keep one's mind occupied, even when driving. :lol:

Well a lof them r capable woman, as far as in my circle.

the rest suger feed or silver spone feed, I don't know.

I am bit worry about social problem. Yea we are man, so can hang along with them to do ..........

However , we are asian and Singapore is only small and only a few people , if we have no family to replace the losess, than........ DeepBlue what do u think

Yesh , this is well a scene of a social problem in Singapore. If u think hard enough , you can see how this relates to the declining birth rates in Singapore and impact on the effectiveness of Govt's policy to increase birth rates.

Overseas arrangement? as in ?

• SRC Member

May be I worried too much :)

Those problem may not able to solve I believe. Since we are so kiasu :(

Ocean Gump

I had this discussion with my friend last night.

does driving a big sports car give you contentment in life? I'm pragmatic. I don't sacrifice money in order to have physical comforts like that. sure, I'm a guy and it's nice to have roving eyes on me and my car, especially if it's a flashy car. but what is the point of buying such an expensive car, and having to pay expensive maintenance? not to mention, the potential of your car being scratched by jealous Singaporeans is multiplied by ten if you drive a flashy car.

this isn't a case of sour grapes coming from me, but merely my personal point of view. whatever that was typed was not done to spite anybody. and if somebody drives a flashy car and has personal contentment in life, then good for you! (=

let them do what they want with their money. it is theirs after all. we can only sit back here and envy, but envy will make us go no where. I say we be contended with what we have, for there are certain things that we have that rich people may not have. like happiness. or bliss. (=

peace.

• SRC Member

Some people require a performance car to match their driving. They may place an emphasis in ease of overtaking and engine refinement or sharp handling. I prefer a car with sharp handling for track use.

For some, the car is just a form of transport, for others it can be a toy.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

hammanbmw...

rewarding themselves with something physical may not necessarily mean spiritual and/or emotional contentment. emtpiness is one void that cannot be filled with physical rewards, unless temporary.

Tanzy...

I'll understand if the situation is in Germany, with its huge authobahns and crazy speed limits. but Singapore, small roads, kan chiong spider type drivers, what will that power bring you to? will that five seconds headstart bring you to Bishan or Toa Payoh any faster than I will reach there? *points were made and raised by Mr Brown...just quoting him. :P*

like I said. no malice intended. not a case of sour grapes. just like to hear people's point of view. (=

• SRC Member

A more powerful car is always easier to drive because the engine is less stressed and the car is quieter. It's all creature comforts.

Nobody is into discussion about speeding but a small car with a engine running at 3000 rpm at 90km/h is not as pleasant as a large V8 at 1800 rpm. Top speed is not important but refinement is.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

:o Thought all along we are talking about nice sports car?

Definitely very little of comfort and quiteness where such cars are concerned. Maybe only few that I can think of that are comfortable and quite are the Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB8, M5s and merc SL AMGs.

• SRC Member
hammanbmw...

rewarding themselves with something physical may not necessarily mean spiritual and/or emotional contentment. emtpiness is one void that cannot be filled with physical rewards, unless temporary.

i will defintely reward myself for my achievement if i had achieve, meaning i wont stress myself to have a sportscar or rather a luxury house which i cant even afford or stayed, ending up eating gardenia everyday.. :lol: ... its jus a dream, everybody had a dream...., all of us spend money in different ways, its interest, hobby and dream , if u r looking forward for something and u had finally archieved, its time to reward yrself .... its SELF SATISFACTION.. :lol:

* my dream - to get married *

• SRC Member
:o Thought all along we are talking about nice sports car?

Definitely very little of comfort and quiteness where such cars are concerned. Maybe only few that I can think of that are comfortable and quite are the Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB8, M5s and merc SL AMGs.

BMW 645Ci, Maserati QP, Benz CLS are all comfortable 'sports cars' that will eat most cars on the road alive!

By the true British definition of Sports Car (where the word was first coined) it would be a two door, rear wheel drive, two seater, convertible car. Americans call it a Roadster.

Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB8, BMW 645Ci, SL55 are all Grand Tourers.

Coupes, Evos, 911, TT, etc are not strictly sports cars.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
A more powerful car is always easier to drive because the engine is less stressed and the car is quieter. It's all creature comforts.

Nobody is into discussion about speeding but a small car with a engine running at 3000 rpm at 90km/h is not as pleasant as a large V8 at 1800 rpm. Top speed is not important but refinement is.

Hee Hee my car is only 2.4 V6 90km/hr is 1,900 RMP lay so if I am getting A8L which is V8 4L than I believe it will be running at 1,300 RPM for 90Km/hr. Which mean you would be hearing only your heart beat while you are travelling at 90Km/hr :D

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
Tanzy...

I'll understand if the situation is in Germany, with its huge authobahns and crazy speed limits. but Singapore, small roads, kan chiong spider type drivers, what will that power bring you to? will that five seconds headstart bring you to Bishan or Toa Payoh any faster than I will reach there? *points were made and raised by Mr Brown...just quoting him. :P*

I drive to Thialand every like 6 months.

If I drive 120Km / Hr, non stop, it'll take me 17.5 Hr. No stopping for toilet, break.

So I drive 180-200Km/hr, non stop, it's still take me 18Hr.

From Singapore to Bangkok is 2,100 Km.

There would be 2 immigration check point.

So having faster and comfortable car mean good for highway. Yes not for singapore. But it's simple as why we buy Tunze not Resun. Same goes, for ppl who buy sport car rather than 1L KIA

Ocean Gump