SS Reef Optix III 250DE Pendants!

planetg

• SRC Member

juz collect my pendants! and many bros have heard me raving abt this pendant and thus i'm obliged to show some pics ;)

actually was thinking of just replacing my 250W SE if these pendants didn't arrive in time but alas! i'm in a dilemma. dunno to keep my SE or use this new DE :P

would appreciate any bro who can lead me to where i can find such connectors to hook to me ballast box. else i think my have to cut the wire liao

post-17-1097119643.jpg

• SRC Member

cut the wire, I cut mine too. The wire inside are green, white, black. Depends on how you look at it, I connect mine green to ground, white to neutral, black to live. Did get spare UV glass? they cost only US$15 each only. Just in case 'pit-chia'

• SRC Member

Guess if you are using other e-ballast or magnetic ballast other than SS's Blue Wave e-ballast , then have to cut the socket. Tried a long time to find the female in singapore but to no avail. even SS not selling it seperately. Have to take the pain to cut. :(

post-17-1097128808.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's the picture of the rail. The aluminum section for the whole structure comes from those industrial racking system. I have the whole structure suspended on rail system meant for wooden sliding doors. Rated for upto 100kg. Overkill for the whole light system including the magnetic ballast mounted on the center.

post-17-1097148301.jpg

• Sponsor

hi bros,

how much u paid for it??? well......i also seen that the reflectors are good. well, the fixture is not hard to make... ;)

making some soon....i like the reflectors but i find the housing can be inproved :D maybe bundle with eballast... :D

here 1 at my home... :D copy... :lol:

post-17-1097148538.jpg

• SRC Member

The price is cheap at any standard. Only US$99.=S$170. If you can copy the exact angle of the reflectors, then have to give my hands to you. How about the UV shield glass?? Do have the sufficient quantity to ask glass merchant to make and at a good price? well, if you making SE, then its no problem, any glass will do.

• Sponsor

hi bro,

i have even check on the glass quality of the reef optix....they are using a 3mm tempered glass....

u bought so cheap?? how come my this unit it sgd300?? have u include freight?

yes, the reflectors are easy to make....can do an exact shape n size. but i find the quality of the reflectors are very poor. there are better grade reflectors in the market.

the reef optix ones are not that shiny....this is what i observe

• SRC Member

S$300 because you have to pay freight. I got free freight :D Carry myself and the light when I go to work.

To get the equation right, do not need to use a 'mirror' IMHO. Take a look at the TEK light if you have the chance. They are also from Sunlight Supply and the material also the same as I also have the T5 reflectors from Sunlight Supply.

But then again, if you get your hands on 100% reflectivity material, that will be good.

Again, if you going to copy, you are not going to sell at S$300 right? If that's the case, might as well get direct from USA. Don't know, maybe $200 will be a good price to start off if you can plan your marketing strategy right. ;) So, probably you will have to work out the total cost to make an identical unit.

• Sponsor

than why wait :lol: ......let me work on something. yes, im not saying that the reflectors are not shinning... :lol: but there are better grade mirror finish material that can be used for better reflection.

give me 2 weeks n i will come out with mine... :lol:

maybe the selling price will be slightly above sgd200.....will that be attractive enough?? :lol:

anyone keen? :lol::lol:

• SRC Supporter
than why wait :lol: ......let me work on something. yes, im not saying that the reflectors are not shinning... :lol: but there are better grade mirror finish material that can be used for better reflection.

give me 2 weeks n i will come out with mine... :lol:

maybe the selling price will be slightly above sgd200.....will that be attractive enough?? :lol:

anyone keen? :lol::lol:

Will that be in DE or SE?? :)