My Basic 4 ft setup

Plenum

scarab

Yes now that u mentioned it. That could be a factor. So defrost in seive and run through tap water. Any other ways? I stopped soaking it in garlick as i tot that could be the problem.

lightningstrike

I did the upgrade from a weipro 2012 to 2014. Although it skims ok, but i think can be improved. Any recommmendations for a good hangon skimmer for 4 ft??? I dun have a sump.

no sump??? improvised lol. ;) i used to hv no sump, till i die die squeeze a 1ft x 1ft x 1ft tank out to be a sump and utilized an I-Box for overflow.

alternatively, u can look for a HOT which u hv suggested. heard the macro needlewheel is not bad. economical and performance wise. gotta ask the bros who r using this or search for a review on this. if ur budget is not tight, maybe can consider aqua c remora pro, deltec hang on, aquamedic multi sl.

juz me 2 cents.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

lightningstrike

I have the impression that there wont be significant improvement with the needlewheel. Are the rest of the skimmers u suggested also hang on? Will have a look at them. I'm not too keen on having a sump as my current setup already look like some science experiment.

Was thinking of the feasability of getting a new tank with built in refugium, probably will be a 3X2X2 IOS, back section 3X0.5X2 will be used as refugium, and house skimmer too. Then the only other external thing would be the chiller. So can consider getting a good skimmer now cos can migrate the skimmer to new tank. Now just need to justify to the mrs. :whistle

• SRC Member

Currently I'm using only 1X150 MH with 10000K bulb. I have place an acro very close to the surface directly under the light. It does not colour up but has very good growth and hairy polyp extension. Will it colour up if I change my bulb to say 14000K or 20000K?

lightningstrike

I have the impression that there wont be significant improvement with the needlewheel. Are the rest of the skimmers u suggested also hang on? Will have a look at them. I'm not too keen on having a sump as my current setup already look like some science experiment.

Was thinking of the feasability of getting a new tank with built in refugium, probably will be a 3X2X2 IOS, back section 3X0.5X2 will be used as refugium, and house skimmer too. Then the only other external thing would be the chiller. So can consider getting a good skimmer now cos can migrate the skimmer to new tank. Now just need to justify to the mrs. :whistle

no significant improvement for needlewheel??? not true lol........ needlewheel used to be and still is one of the most efficient PS in the market. at least i m still using a H&S needlewheel. all those i hv mentioned r all hang on.

read the following threads to hv a better idea of what u want.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...cro+needlewheel

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png