Advise on Return Pump

Rocks

• SRC Member

Hi

Currently i am using a Weipro 7000MH (5000 litre/hr - 75watts) pump as my return. I am looking to upgrade to a more powerful return pump and keep my weipro as backup.

I am not sure what brands out there are available to my specs. can any kind soul recommend please.

Requirements

(1) Above 5000 litre/hr

(2) Less than 100watts comsumption (else slightly above 100watts also can)

(3) Maintain good flow rate at 2m height (min. head loss)

Appreciate your recommendations..

:thanks::bow::thanks:

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member

bro, you can consider Aqua medic OR6500 . THe output rate is 6500l and consume 115watt. these model is made in german. max head 3.8m

Those china pump> over rated.

The Ocean Runner pumps are powerful universal pumps to be used as circulation or current pumps, both in saltwater and freshwater aquaria. The Ocean Runners are supplied with a rugged pump housing, an energy saving motor, a polished ceramic shaft and ceramic bearings. All these qualities ensure a quiet and maintenance free performance for many years.

The Ocean runner pumps are also available in outdoor proofed version with 10 m rubber cable for ponds.

Typ OR 6500 OR 3500 OR 2500 OR 1200

max. capacity 6500 l/h (c.1700 gph) 3500 l/h (c. 900 gph) 2400 l/h (c. 630 gph) 1200 l/h (c. 300 gph)

max. head 3.8 m (c. 12.6) 3.3 m (c. 10.7) 2.6 m (c. 7.8) 1.6 m (c. 5.2)

Power consumption 115 watts 65 watts 38 watts 25 watts

post-17-1096863941.gif

• SRC Member
bro, you can consider Aqua medic OR6500 . THe output rate is 6500l and consume 115watt. these model is made in german. max head 3.8m

Those china pump> over rated.

The Ocean Runner pumps are powerful universal pumps to be used as circulation or current pumps, both in saltwater and freshwater aquaria. The Ocean Runners are supplied with a rugged pump housing, an energy saving motor, a polished ceramic shaft and ceramic bearings. All these qualities ensure a quiet and maintenance free performance for many years.

The Ocean runner pumps are also available in outdoor proofed version with 10 m rubber cable for ponds.

Typ OR 6500 OR 3500 OR 2500 OR 1200

max. capacity 6500 l/h (c.1700 gph) 3500 l/h (c. 900 gph) 2400 l/h (c. 630 gph) 1200 l/h (c. 300 gph)

max. head 3.8 m (c. 12.6) 3.3 m (c. 10.7) 2.6 m (c. 7.8) 1.6 m (c. 5.2)

Power consumption 115 watts 65 watts 38 watts 25 watts

thanks piglet, will keep the OR in mind.

anyone else to recommend other brands for a wider selection ?

:thanks:

CHEERS!

Rock

• SRC Member

red dragon pump > will cost you around s$800++ to S$1200++

For iwaki (japan model) > i think will cost you around S$800++

Red dragon > very low watt. (less than 60w for output more than 7000l), but will cost you s$1000+ per pump.

:lol:

OR6500 is a good choice.

try not to buy china pump. overrated .... ....:ph34r:

• SRC Member

MD55 will not meet your flow spec of 5000l/hr. Do you need such high pressure head pump? What's your application? if it is flow return as mentioned in your thread, get something else IMHO. Buy something that is right for the area of application.

• SRC Member
MD55 will not meet your flow spec of 5000l/hr. Do you need such high pressure head pump? What's your application? if it is flow return as mentioned in your thread, get something else IMHO. Buy something that is right for the area of application.

yes, the pump i am looking for is to replace my current return pump flowing back to the main tank.

current 5000l/hr weipro is a little weak after the 1.8m head loss. as such looking for some where 7000l/hr pump, what this rate, after the head loss of 1.8m, the flow rate back to the tank should have about 3000-3500l/hr.

Anyone used Weipro MH-9000 (7500 l/hr - 100watts) before? its max head=5.0 meters. feedback on this pump?

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member
Atman 8500L/hr cost around 110 bucks should be enough if you dun mind those china made pumps. Saw LFS uses them in all their application.

YzF,

Which model of the Atman pump is that?

I will try find out the flowrate and the power consumption of this pump. 8500 l/hr is good enough for me.

by the way, anyone has any idea also?

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member
Model is 8500 for 8500L/hr

6500 for 6500L/hr

thanks !

been hunting for the Atman 8500 model, can't find a LFS carry this model. anyone know of any LFS carrying this model?

Does Atman has a website? so that i can find some information of this pump..

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member

YzF,

Which model of the Atman pump is that?

I will try find out the flowrate and the power consumption of this pump. 8500 l/hr is good enough for me.

by the way, anyone has any idea also?

CHEERS!

Rocks

For Atman pumps, pls double comfirm the wattage on the sticker on the pump and the external box............you might be shock to see the differents on some pumps.

Eric

• SRC Member

:shock: I used an Atman pump 500l/hr before & it gone bonkers after 6 motns of using .

The return flow rate was weakening by the minutes & my tank almost crash.

After that I got Quietone with 5800l/hr for my 5 footer. I believe its not China made but either USA or Europe.

Try to get a very reliable pump for the return....use the Chain one for your FR, chiller, etc. At least if the flow rate deteriorate......the other equipments can still function.

My 2 cents worth.......

Yeap like Bro Alfa said.

MH, return pump (assuming chiller return back to main tank), skimmer, CR all can fail but not the chiller or chiller pump :P

Best is to get a backup (I want but pocket won't allow) :P

I know the importance and I almost kanna because my resun MD40 running my chiller up lorry on one monday but the lucky thing is I am still asleep and the damn thing got burned and tripped my house ELCB so I had time to make corrective action.

If that happens 2 hrs later when I am way to work, then still okie because my UPS would have kicked in and my tunze will still be running but sooner or later the temp will raise and all my SPS will up lorry :P