Effect of Zeovit ~~ to my sps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I think if reefers wanna used the zeovit, must hv to be "koot lak" hardworking. i mean some of the zeo supplements u hv to dose daily till optimum, recommended weekly water, etc. that will be the only con i hv to consider if i ever go zeovit. :P i m a plain lazy reefer. :pinch:

I can't agree any better. This Zeovit thing seems like more work compared to Rowas even though same cost. Everyday shake the reactor up and down 15 times ... sounds like a alot of work to me and the weekly dosing of Zeobak and zeofood.

Just got to hear more story about the pro and cons before jumping to the bandwagon.

dosing of zeobak is needed daily for the first 14 days after you change then zeolit media.

Zeofood and zeostart (if you used it) is required on a daily basis. Maybe that takes 1 min of your time only.

Shaking of the zeolit media is not a must :P But recommended.

If these are too troublesome then don't keep fish already cos you need to feed them and they are too troublesome also.

Same goes to alternative methods, you still need to dose on a daily basis.

• SRC Member
Alfa, you don't see your water turn clearer and skimmer got more darker skimmate? Probably before that you already using ozone so the water already super clear so no diff liao.

BTW for basic zeovit system cost $80 and can last 2-3 months. The zeovit media cost ard $24 for 1L (for 400litres water volume) if I am not wrong and need to be replace every one 1-2months.

I don't know if you call it expensive or what. If you compared directly to the voka method then obviously it is very expensive :P But if you compared to those using Rowa then you can do some simple calculation :P

The zeovit cost $32 and is recommended to change every 8-12 weeks. B)

Alfa, you still using the ozone?

• SRC Member

I can't agree any better. This Zeovit thing seems like more work compared to Rowas even though same cost. Everyday shake the reactor up and down 15 times ... sounds like a alot of work to me and the weekly dosing of Zeobak and zeofood.

Just got to hear more story about the pro and cons before jumping to the bandwagon.

The shaking and dosing is only less then 5 minutes work and you do not dose everyday. And comparing zeovit with rowaphos is like comparing apples to pear. 1 is a phosphate remover while the other is an entire system. Rowaphos cannot create a low nutrient enviroment close to that of Fiji nor can it bring out the natural colours of sps.

• SRC Member

Sharkbait, no longer using ozone and no UV too... Have stopped 1 week before I started using ZEOvit.

1 thing I dont understand is if our bioload is high (lots of fishes), the system can still reduce the nutrient level to ultra-clean levels and maintain it at that level? Amazing rite?

• SRC Member

The difference between zeovit and dosing volka is that zeovit removes the source of nitrification; NH3 directly while volka removes the end product of nitrification NO3. This is a crucial difference. Zooxanthellae take up NH3 more readily than NO3, so if we were to remove only the NO3, some of the NH3 would have been taken in as nutrient by the zoox.

Alfa, it is possible to maintain ultra clean levels with high bioload but the change out period and dosage would be relatively shorter and higher.

• SRC Member
So, is it like drug? B) once introduce to your tank got to keep on adding more?? :yeah::yeah:

what if after using it for awhile and then change back to rowa would it cause any damage?? :cry::cry::cry:

You will find that the dosage will gradually decrease if you maintain the same bioload.

what if after using it for awhile and then change back to rowa would it cause any damage??

I cant answer this question because nobody changes back to rowas after using this.

The shaking and dosing is only less then 5 minutes work and you do not dose everyday. And comparing zeovit with rowaphos is like comparing apples to pear. 1 is a phosphate remover while the other is an entire system. Rowaphos cannot create a low nutrient enviroment close to that of Fiji nor can it bring out the natural colours of sps.

i agree wif u sharkbait. the zeovit system do serve a different purpose than using phosphate remover. but what i meant is that there is a little more work than NNR. these r what i hv read,

for zeovit itself: it is recommended to shake everyday for optimum performance. but even if u r unable to perform the task for a few days, it is recommended for u to return to the task asap.

for zeobak: an interruption of feeding zeobak will lead to a disturbance and accumulation of unwanted substances. instructions r that it shld be dosed for 10 to 14 days after every zeovit change. once/twice weekly dosage or every after day is recommended thereafter.

for zeofood/zeostart: dosage is similar to zeobak.

cost is not an issue, as i believe the cost for running the zeovit system is ard the same. as we can do without the ozoniser, UVC, rowa, nitratereductor, etc.

in my case, as a frequent traveller, i will hv problems keeping up wif the husbandry. i do find this product a "miracle drug". results shown on foreign sites really awed me. but what if there is a need to switch back to normal NNR due to husbandry concerns?

gotta weigh out the pros and cons b4 embarking on the zeovit journey, i m totally very tempted to go zeovit, if not for husbandry concerns.

juz info-sharing :peace:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

sharkbait,

So this shaking and dosing - how often or how do you know you have to do it ?

rdgs

• SRC Member

sharkbait,

So this shaking and dosing - how often or how do you know you have to do it ?

rdgs

There is a guide on the dosing part. Its definitely not daily as some had stated. The most hassle is zeostart which is everyother day. But once you see the results, you will want to dose it everyday! :lol:

About the shaking of zeovit part, its a daily requirement. Failure to do so for up to 7days will not have disasterous results but you have to resume as soon as possible.

• SRC Member

i have to agree with lightningstrike on this. The zeovit method to me is much more work than a normal system. For existing tanks like mine, it wont make much sense - ROI wont come till later... and risks on existing livestock as well.

but if u say to start a new tank, i wouldnt mind going for this from the start! :)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member
i have to agree with lightningstrike on this. The zeovit method to me is much more work than a normal system. For existing tanks like mine, it wont make much sense - ROI wont come till later... and risks on existing livestock as well.

but if u say to start a new tank, i wouldnt mind going for this from the start! :)

well. it depends on what sort of a reefer you are. There are some who are happy that they are able to keep sps alive and there are those who wants nothing but to mimic a condition similiar to that of the ocean for their precious to thrive in.

• SRC Member

was busy the past few days so did not manage to check on the water parameters. however, 3 significant observations on my sps after 1 week of zeovit:

1. 2 mother colonies showing STN. gonna frag one tonite but i think put back into same tank will oso bye bye. the other one stopped showing STN but can see some coralline algae at one small area where the flow is slower.

2. most acros showing lighter brighter colours

3. some excellent growth tips observed on some of the acros that have not been growing. 5mm growth tips on some where previously i dun even see anything!

cheers!

• SRC Member

win some lose some.... :) ....but i think Zeovit or not, you might want to leave the colonies showing STN for further observation. In the past i had colonies with STN before and my observation is that those that are left alone do recover (maybe have to adjust its position here and there a bit)....

in fact, use to frag any colonies that shows STN, but end up only half the frags survive,.....IMHO not very good results...

• SRC Member
win some lose some.... :) ....but i think Zeovit or not, you might want to leave the colonies showing STN for further observation. In the past i had colonies with STN before and my observation is that those that are left alone do recover (maybe have to adjust its position here and there a bit)....

in fact, use to frag any colonies that shows STN, but end up only half the frags survive,.....IMHO not very good results...

yeah i waited for few days liao and i think tonite see and decide. my experience with STN is 50% frags survive. if no frag, 50% chance of survival but fragging gives me more little ones :rolleyes:

for RTN, frags are 100% lost but leave alone and pray hard, 20% survival rate...

• 2 weeks later...