Effect of Zeovit ~~ to my sps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I have notice that some of my brown sps turn to purple colour instead

i wonder is this due to the dosing of zeovit or waht ..

not very sure abou tthat~~ anyone have experience this?

same here. my brown ones are showing their true colours although sad to say, im losing 2 of my big colonies to STN after zeovit introduction. i believe some species or perhaps the more stable ones are quite sensitive to the changes that zeovit makes to the water parameters, hence going STN. having said that, those that did not STN will benefit from the improved water conditions and start showing nice colouration. win some lose some but hopefully more wins than loses.

cheers!

• SRC Member

same here. my brown ones are showing their true colours although sad to say, im losing 2 of my big colonies to STN after zeovit introduction. i believe some species or perhaps the more stable ones are quite sensitive to the changes that zeovit makes to the water parameters, hence going STN. having said that, those that did not STN will benefit from the improved water conditions and start showing nice colouration. win some lose some but hopefully more wins than loses.

cheers!

There has been arguement on the European & US forum that Zeovit method is more easy and Vodka is a hit & miss. I guess when u paid more u tend to hid the truth. What WKRZ radio channel adverts stated "hear only the good stuffs" :blink:

There wouldn't be more truth than what SRC reefers have reported. At least I see honest reefers in SRC.

Nearly most reefers suffer some losses upon introduction of Zeovit to a full pledge SPS tank, but too bad most are too proud to admit..........especially those in far away continent

I probably get slam for this post, but anyway LOL on what RC zeovit user is bullshitting................typical American Maketing Hype ;)

Max

• SRC Member
I have notice that some of my brown sps turn to purple colour instead

i wonder is this due to the dosing of zeovit or waht ..

not very sure abou tthat~~ anyone have experience this?

Lightening of colors is a start. Some reefers will see their Acros turn to white creamy base and fully colored mid section to tips. In simple sense, u will see more of other colors except brown.

I noticed that if you run zeovit, stop for a month or so and re-start again, there's a tendancy you will see some STN or RTN coming along

I strongly suggest commitments, else you be better off not running it.

Max

• SRC Member

well zeovit is more like a once u started u better continue use it..kind of stuff.. and it's really ex.. no gd for my pocket in the long run..

that's why up to now I never bother to try it out... anyway max.. each got their believe... but we do see gd success in zeovit...

talk amongst some sps reefer frens i have is that...

actually for an established sps reef that has already been settled down and matured....changing to zeovit is really hands too itchy...or rather...too curious...or maybe gei kiang...and of coz, too much idle money at hand to try new things ;)

of coz there are positives to the system which makes many contemplate using the system....but i reckon it to putting the system on steroids....initially see alot of perfomance enhancing results, parameters wise in particular...but end up becoming a slave to the system....

the reef itself becomes a slave to the zeovit system and zeovit reefers end up signing an informal contract by commiting themselves long term instead...failing which, they will see withdrawal symtoms that maxima has mentioned...that's why i reckoned it to be an sps enhancing steroid.

i think the bottomline is stability. for those who have managed their sps reefs well all the while...converting to zeovit, although end results are the promised better parameters, but the reef tank undergoes change and acclimatisation to the new conditions and that's why we see some pieces not coping well with the change.

in short, as deepblue has mentioned before....those with new reefs have nothing to lose trying out this system...but for those who already has an established reef with very lovely sps...perhaps it's a greater risk to put the whole tank at stake with what has been accomplished so far than trying a new system which may turn the system around too fast for the sps to get used to ...

well, not sps reefer here...do take my opinions with the slightest pinch of salt... :P

• SRC Member

Wah, lucky all I have is brown SPS and got nuthing to lose! hehehehe.

Am currently on the system for nearly a week and can see no obvious changes so far. will continue monitoring it and dosing the additives religiously for the next few weeks and see if can see improvements or not...

heheh...with such commitment with reefers like alfa...

i think i better contemplate the Zeovit system also.......... :rolleyes:

propose takeover of the Zeovit parent company i mean :lol:

and i am confident that Zeovit will outsell SKII 2 to 1 in the near future :D

jokes aside...i hope those who are trying the system will help the local sps community with their findings too :)

• SRC Member

Am currently on the system for nearly a week and can see no obvious changes so far. will continue monitoring it and dosing the additives religiously for the next few weeks and see if can see improvements or not...

u see no change cause your system is under going a change where it is still not complete yet...

if u have n03 and p04 in your system.. u can even see a drop in level...that's sign of the zeovit is working and u will have to wait for your sps to change their habit of feeding.. then u can get to see coloring up of the sps..

• SRC Member

We have to be truthful with our observations here, most of the reefers who have lost corals have overdosed the zeovit components.

As with all methods that try to bring down nutrients; be it rowas or even dosing of volka, ceasing to dose for 1 month will cause the nutrient levels to go up. Some corals that cannot cope with the sudden increase in nutrient level simply starts to have stress related symtoms like RTN or STN.

• SRC Member

U have to understand that Zeovit perform best and u will see result fast only if you start with a low density tank. Once your tank is full of fishes(too many) and fully loaded with corals, it will take a lot more time to achieve the clear visual result.

Max

I think if reefers wanna used the zeovit, must hv to be "koot lak" hardworking. i mean some of the zeo supplements u hv to dose daily till optimum, recommended weekly water, etc. that will be the only con i hv to consider if i ever go zeovit. :P i m a plain lazy reefer. :pinch:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

U have to understand that Zeovit perform best and u will see result fast only if you start with a low density tank. Once your tank is full of fishes(too many) and fully loaded with corals, it will take a lot more time to achieve the clear visual result.

Max

Max, yeah guess so. Have to be a bit more patient in my case and reduce feeding of the fishes I guess... will jump for joy and keep everyone posted as soon as i see any improvements in the coloration of the corals.

I think if the system can make a big difference in my tank, it will be much more successful in ANY tank... hehehe.

Maybe should couple the ZEOvit stuff together with a new more efficient but less power-hungry skimmer? :)

Alfa, you don't see your water turn clearer and skimmer got more darker skimmate? Probably before that you already using ozone so the water already super clear so no diff liao.

BTW for basic zeovit system cost $80 and can last 2-3 months. The zeovit media cost ard $24 for 1L (for 400litres water volume) if I am not wrong and need to be replace every one 1-2months.

I don't know if you call it expensive or what. If you compared directly to the voka method then obviously it is very expensive :P But if you compared to those using Rowa then you can do some simple calculation :P