MH w/ VHO Hood

Tanzy

• SRC Member

Brand New!

4 foot Imported Aluminium Hood from PFO Lighting Inc.

49" 12.25" 7.5"

Powder-coated black

Tempered glass cover

PFO parallel reflector

2x 4" Fans with wire guard(one at each end)

2x E40 Metal Halide Mogul Sockets

2x pairs of waterproof T8 FL sockets

2x 250w MH Blueline E-ballasts

2x 250w 6500K Iwasaki bulbs

2x 250w 10000K Ushio/BLV bulbs

1x Icecap 660 VHO E-ballasts (2 years old)

8x 110w 48" URI VHO Actinic 03

1x 8 foot wired harness for ICE660 Ballast

Hood fully assembled. Simple wiring connection required.

All for S$4500(negotiable).

HOODLARGE.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

If you are shocked?

I was quoted $6000+ for a Geisemann 250w lighting unit.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

To get a single 150w pendant for $300 is a steal already, but to get duo 150w with FL for S$300 you must be kidding!!! :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

did i say duo? i just mentioned that a single 'no brand' pendant with a 150W just cost me ard 300. its work as good as what duplas had or even other branded names around. unless i got lotsa and lotsa of money and no where to spend, probably will think of that.

that is also one of the reason why alot of people are interested in setting up a marine aquarium in their living room, but once heard about the cost involve, they already back off. this already setting them off in their mindset. just imagine a calcium reactor from duplas can cost as high as 500+. and i myself is a diy person, looking at it is like a few pvc pipes connect together not even cost that 100. i maybe wrong, but i can just pay for the initial cost to get any branded calcium reactor and break it up to see how things can be economic when i can make it the same way the device should work that way.

so back to the lighting, if i can get a pendant that look as good as duplas pendant, and work as good as a duplas, why should i pay for a duplas. just imagine when you go to your friend's house and saw a marine fully setup, you may ask the price of the setup. 'wow so expensive, are you sure? i setup a marine tank that just exactly like yours for half a price.' how should you feel about that, and probably you will ask if how to make it that half the price thingie. rather than someone asking you back where did you get it. its a obvious reason, a LV is expensive whereas a Brun or Goldlion will be cheaper, but still serve as the purpose of a wallet or a bag.

our main achivement here is to make things more affordable, to post our valuable experiences and resources. if i can afford to buy for a light that cost more than 5K, why am i still here, might as well save all my trouble and go for a famous brand and let them do the rest. i can just sit back relax and watch. :P

To get a single 150w pendant for $300 is a steal already, but to get duo 150w with FL for S$300 you must be kidding!!! :lol:

what more, even if i get two pendant with 10000K 150W MH, its still cost me less than 1K. i think for the rest of the 3.5K, i can get lotsa and lotsa of FL and hood :lol:

• SRC Member

Look around in Singapore and see if you can match the price for the stuff offered here. Note that what's offered is top of the range equipment, two 250W Electronic MH Ballasts, 4 MH bulbs, 8 VHO tubes(4 years supply) and aluminium hood.

The bag analogy isn't really appropriate here, what we are comparing here is similar to comparing normal Lancer to Evo 7! It's not about LV prestige but Horsepower! It's not just the brand or the look, it's a whole different ball game. Who's comparing to Dupla? I know you don't like them, but that's because Dupla is only good for planted tanks. Besides, Dupla doesn't even offer 250w lamps much less to say electronic ballasts.

I'm not a businessman. I am selling these because I gave up the idea of setting up another tank, if there are no takers, then I'll just have to keep them for myself.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

It does look really top-of-the-line.

I am impressed especially by the reflector.... it would direct a lot of light back into the tank... not much wastage here!

Too bad that I have an AB Aqualine already.... HQI of course... good luck with your sale, Tanzy!

Mr annoyomous,

If you do not like the price you dun have to buy it... Tanzy is just selling off what he doesn't need. He is giving out alot for that sum of money... its abit n the high side because of its quality and the quantity... Its not really nice and fair to attack tanzy like that...

Uncomfortabe with price is ok...tanzy is not forcing u to buy...

Look around in Singapore and see if you can match the price for the stuff offered here. Note that what's offered is top of the range equipment, two 250W Electronic MH Ballasts, 4 MH bulbs, 8 VHO tubes(4 years supply) and aluminium hood.

The bag analogy isn't really appropriate here, what we are comparing here is similar to comparing normal Lancer to Evo 7! It's not about LV prestige but Horsepower! It's not just the brand or the look, it's a whole different ball game. Who's comparing to Dupla? I know you don't like them, but that's because Dupla is only good for planted tanks. Besides, Dupla doesn't even offer 250w lamps much less to say electronic ballasts.

I'm not a businessman. I am selling these because I gave up the idea of setting up another tank, if there are no takers, then I'll just have to keep them for myself.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mr annoyomous,

If you do not like the price you dun have to buy it... Tanzy is just selling off what he doesn't need. He is giving out alot for that sum of money... its abit n the high side because of its quality and the quantity... Its not really nice and fair to attack tanzy like that...

Uncomfortabe with price is ok...tanzy is not forcing u to buy...

:D:lol::D

• SRC Member

Honestly, I've never plugged that thing in before, it's still in the box, so I don't know how effective the reflector is compared to other reflectors. It is suppose to be PFO's special parallel reflector to allow good spread of light when the bulbs are mounted parallel to the front glass.

On my tank, I'm using PFO perpendicular reflectors because my bulbs are mounted perpendicular to the front glass. On observation, there is virtually no drop-off in intensity of the light when I moved the height of the pendant from 3" to 9" from surface.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Your unit looks so cool and powerful! Maybe even enulf to create a 'batman' signal in our city night skyline. :D

Too bad mine is a only 1 feet and I have been searching to pack in as much light power to a crampy space all my life without any positive results.....

Good luck in finding the right buyer!

• SRC Member

Yes I agreed. So far never got anything from there. Too ex <_<

Think so far Nature is one of the most cheapest shop. I went once to

a fish equiment shop somewhere Kembangan (someone drove me there so

never bother to remember how to go :P ). The things there is also quite

cheap . Sorry not able to tell u the actual location :(

• SRC Member

gosh....$4500 !!! I can buy enough HQI MH to boil my tank of water. :lol:

But then, those are imported goods, collectors pieces in Singapore.

I only wish the price tag is 1 zero lesser....

Anyway, I just purchase my lightings for my new tank. So will leave this bargain to the others here.

Tanzy, I can only say WAH....you are damm loaded.... :lol:

Good luck to your sales.

Are you looking into that $6k+ Giesemann 260 Moonlight series pendant?

• SRC Member

Hon,

I was, it looks quite sleek. Got a better deal with importing my own lamps plus I saved $1500+ to play lottery! Unfortunately I need to put all new projects on hold at the moment.

post-36-1093875548.jpg