Founder And Admin's Tank

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Yeah... I need spray paint. :P Most of my purples have turned brown.

Actually, I am still waiting for my kalk reactor/auto water top from cookie/alvy... and my upgraded calcium reactor to come online... my calcium levels are dropping like crazy on a daily basis! That probably caused a lot of browning out but colours are on a rebound... ;)

Here's my purple monster with new growth that are lighter brighter purple... :D Sorry for the blurred shot, I shot at an angle! :P

post-22-1065406256.jpg

Err... I don't find it good enough... wait till I scrap off the coralline algae from my background... turn on all the 4 lights (now only 2), and make sure that my radium is changed out for a ushio for consistency.... and someone teach me how to shoot to prevent overexposure on the white sandbed! :P

And give me a few more weeks for some of my wild colonies to colour up! :P

Hi Morgan,

Good to see you back in the forum! :P You have been too quiet! Need gurus like you to help around!

Yeah.. looks packed... the kind of look I want... :)

Danano was at my place... he still sees LOTS of room for frag placements and growth... haha... You have to view from the top to see it... front view does make it look more packed. :P

try to get the focus point on the rocks instead of the sandbed and use lower exposure settings

I did! I did!!!

But for a full tank shot... how do you avoid shooting the white sandbed? :P

Yeah... I went for a low exposure setting already! The problem is that to prevent my sandbed for being too white... I can only bump up the gamma and whiteness a little... thus my tank looks very dim and dull in the photos... :( Wanna come over and try shooting a nice pix for me?

This is the photo info for my full tank shot...

Date/Time: 2003.10.06 02:48:32

Shutter speed: 1/320 sec

Aperture: 3.2

Exposure mode: Manual

Flash: Off

Metering mode: Evaluative

Drive mode: Single frame shooting

ISO: 200

Lens: 7.0 to 21.0 mm

Focal length: 7.0 mm

Subject distance: 65.535 m

AF mode: Single AF

Focus point:

Image size: 2272 x 1704

Image quality: Superfine

White balance: Auto

Saturation: High

Sharpness: High

Contrast: Normal

AT

If yours still have room for more then mine is like a desert. BARREN LAND with WIDE OPEN SPACES.

Hmmm.... yeah, that's true.... if I had a tank your size, it would take me another year to stock up and thousands more dollars gone... but it'll be really GOOD!!! I don't mind snorkelling to aquascape your tank!!! What a challenge!!! :yeah:

• SRC Member

I did! I did!!!

Yeah... I went for a low exposure setting already! The problem is that to prevent my sandbed for being too white... I can only bump up the gamma and whiteness a little... thus my tank looks very dim and dull in the photos... :( Wanna come over and try shooting a nice pix for me?

Focus point:

cancan....go steal frags....

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

I did! I did!!!

Focus point:

AT,

Its the metering thats the problem here, not the focusing.

What mode are you using with your G3 ? Can it go for Av ? Choose a smaller aperture. If got spot metering option, turn that on.

And you might need a graduated filter to full fill what you want to do.

In this case, an SLR works better. :)

It's a G2. Yes, I can choose AV.

I have spot metering. (its the one with 3 boxes, right?... on the LCD, which do i choose).

Do i choose light metering with the spot in the box symbol or without?

Spot AE point is currently AF Point and not centre.

• SRC Member
It's a G2. Yes, I can choose AV.

I have spot metering. (its the one with 3 boxes, right?... on the LCD, which do i choose).

Do i choose light metering with the spot in the box symbol or without?

Spot AE point is currently AF Point and not centre.

AT,

Go for Av, choose an aperture of f8 or f11. You can experiment with it. This will normally give you optimum depth of field.

Not sure about the boxes, I have never use a G2 before.

But spot metering is normally in the center, whereby you want accurate metering, you point that spot onto some gray color, rock would be good enough. Press half way the shutter realease, then recompose and press harder and viola.

Its similar as AE-Lock, the symbol is normally an asterik. The camera will metered where you center focusing point is and retain memory for few second for you to recompose.

If in doubt, consult your manual again. :)

If you want, you can bracket your shot with 1 stop under or over to see which result you like best. You might need to do a little tweaking later on in PS to bring out the actual contrast and color.

Have fun. :)

Hghflyer... I won't post in RC due to my some personal reasons. At least... not yet! ;)

I won't even dare try... I need a few more months... to let my corals settle in and grow a little and regain brighter colours. It's going to happen.... and my patience will be rewarded!

It's gonna be a great colourful Christmas! :)

I saw some of the States guys tank.. pics

One thing they win hands down is no restriction of space, more availabiity of stuffs. something our side is restricted.

read in a magazine, one bugger convert one room, (which is like the size of my 4room flat) just for his tank. woah..

• SRC Member

I want a basement sump and a beach instead of DSB for my tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif