Zeovit Reactor

DeepBlue

Found the price of the commercially made one too exp for me. Looking to DIY one....

Gurus...what do I need to prevent water from leaking out on the portion where we pull the medium and shake up the zeovit medium inside???

here's pic of the reactor....

post-9-1096208956.jpg

Ooh interesting

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

I plan to put it insump...actually fully waterproof is not necessary....

if dun want classy look...get a rectangular tupperware container......hmmm.....

or get PVC cylinders..... :rolleyes:

no need acrylics...just need a housing and a slot to allow pump to get water in at good flow rate...that's all

• SRC Member
I plan to put it insump...actually fully waterproof is not necessary....

if dun want classy look...get a rectangular tupperware container......hmmm.....

or get PVC cylinders..... :rolleyes:

no need acrylics...just need a housing and a slot to allow pump to get water in at good flow rate...that's all

was thinking of using those resun FR without the cap on.....then put a stick in as a stirrer....every moring just stirr them up a bit.....

only thing i worry is the splasing sound it might cause in this type of design...humm....maybe if i sound proof my cabinat.... :idea:

I have a RM reactor that maybe retring soon as I wont be using my contraphos anymore once I out it the zeovit medium....

I am not using it to run the GAC as well...going to put them in a bag and toss them into the sump....maybe can modify the RM reactor....hmmm...

Im currently using RM FR which was formerly used for Rowaphos. Everyday just give the whole reactor a shake and can see the mulm being removed from the zeoliths...

sounds good

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Like I mentioned in another thread, if the 'copy cat' can achieve to make the 'protected' part of the reactor, then have to give hands to him to come out with an identical at a cheaper price. This will then lead to the original maker to drop price also. Supply and demand equation.

Basically, now the original maker can command a high price because nobody can make a cheaper identical unit (of course with same quality) as yet.

• SRC Member

the zeovit reactor is easy to make. in fact, dun need to be covered at the top cos water will flow out through the outlet pipe and not overflow. all you need is a handle and a bottom holder to move the zeovit up and down.

that shop should be happy cos the zeobak already sold out last week. new stock in 2 weeks time...

• SRC Member

I will think otherwise.....

If the cover is not there, are you going to 'shake' gently the zeolith so that water willnot spill out?? what's the point of shaking gently?

The original manufacturer would have thought of that to reduce cost to come out with one without cover.

Have you seen the version 1 of the reactor?? One has to open the cover to pull the handle. Now is version 2 and improvement.

version 1 pic

post-9-1096250558.jpg

the zeovit reactor is easy to make. in fact, dun need to be covered at the top cos water will flow out through the outlet pipe and not overflow. all you need is a handle and a bottom holder to move the zeovit up and down.

that shop should be happy cos the zeobak already sold out last week. new stock in 2 weeks time...

just bought my set and zeostart yesterday.... :lol:

• SRC Member

It the Zeovit reactor gd to use with my current Rowas and contras FR?? will it have any effect??

Can anyone advise? :thanks:

• SRC Member
Fuzz, you cannot use rowaphos/contraphos etc etc with ZEOvit but you can use the reactor. which reactor are u using now?

I'm using RM's FR... just that I have stocks of Rowas... so I just monitor his thread and see how you guys are doing...

Also, mine is a mixed reef... abit more complicated as Acros need less nutrient, but other SPS corals need more nutrient... so it is quite hard to balance and I do not want to go too extreme...

by the way... haven't use the CM's KR yet... will figure a way for the top up reservoir... :off:

• SRC Member
nope...the reactor is so expensive.....definitely not worth the investment....(TO ME)

good for u dude. din noe u will start so soon. ur tank now is 3x2? thot was supposed to be 2x2 or something to that effect?

hope u get lots of success with the zeovit system. btw, the milli did not make it, even after i fragged to try to save it. the rest are doing fine.