Deepblue's 3ft Tank ( 3 x 2 x 2)

DeepBlue

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO........ I never believe in paying for rics that goes by per mouth policy. Its ridiculous. Some pple tried to argue about the potential of it splitting and having another ric later on....That's all BULL. (and also reason why I only selected single polyp rics to buy)

In this case...why not sell SPS by the number of branch it has since there is a potential for them to grow multiple branches from there...... <_<

IMO........ I never believe in paying for rics that goes by per mouth policy. Its ridiculous. Some pple tried to argue about the potential of it splitting and having another ric later on....That's all BULL. (and also reason why I only selected single polyp rics to buy)

In this case...why not sell SPS by the number of branch it has since there is a potential for them to grow multiple branches from there...... <_<

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

well said........... :bow:

well said........... :bow:

Precisely........ first time i bought rics under that per "mouth" policy. me ended up buying ric frags with single mouths. but well, it is up to the shop owner to determine how he wanna go abt doing his business. at the consumer end, happy we buy........ not happy we dun buy. simple as that. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Bobian . Its all about scarcity at the moment. LFS and Ric sellers are commanding the ricordea prices now. Some guys even tried to sell a polyp for a 3 digit sum.

No matter what, special thanks to AA for bringing in the quality rics. By polyp or by mouth, this shld prevent pple for taking advantage of the situation. ;)

TANK shot.

I believe the the zeovit system has benefited the LPS a lot too....the mulm produced when shaking the zeovite medium is doing wonders to my LPS.

Have not dose any phtyoplankton since I set up the tank :lol:

Initial cyano outbreak is gone as well.

post-34-1104593911.jpg

TANK shot.

I believe the the zeovit system has benefited the LPS a lot too....the mulm produced when shaking the zeovite medium is doing wonders to my LPS.

Woah beautiful........ :whistle:whistle:bow::bow: awesome colour match

And i see that you have been secretly stocking up :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Bobian . Its all about scarcity at the moment. LFS and Ric sellers are commanding the ricordea prices now. Some guys even tried to sell a polyp for a 3 digit sum.

No matter what, special thanks to AA for bringing in the quality rics. By polyp or by mouth, this shld prevent pple for taking advantage of the situation. ;)

Yeah.... no choice... main supplier charge by mouth so they have to follow...

• SRC Member
TANK shot.

nice tank dude..... :yeah:

btw when u say 'mulm', is tat an official zeovit term or just another word for 'fluids/stuff/chup'? :rolleyes::lol:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Creetin,

thats the official word they use on the zeovit instructions.

Been running the zeovit system myself (zeolites, zeobac, zeofood) works pretty well. Minimal cyano for new tank (receeding now), slight algae bloom but now under control. Works pretty well, maybe cause its a new tank setup without dsb, phospate/ nitrate buildup.

Alfa and DA..thanks for the kind words.

Was a little worried for a while coz of the cyano...was advised by other gurus to be patient and the cyano will clear up eventually, so resisted dosing any chemicals other than the zeovit stuffs.

Riot is right...according to the zeovit guide from captive ocean, the mulm is produced by the medium ...it contains beneficial bacterias which are food for the corals. They claim that LPS will do well despite the fact that zeovit is meant for creating a nutrient starved environment. ;)

Creetin...whatever its called.....my corals call it 'Yum Yum' :P

• SRC Member
TANK shot.

Nice Tank! :kiss:

• SRC Member
Alfa and DA..thanks for the kind words.

Was a little worried for a while coz of the cyano...was advised by other gurus to be patient and the cyano will clear up eventually, so resisted dosing any chemicals other than the zeovit stuffs.

Riot is right...according to the zeovit guide from captive ocean, the mulm is produced by the medium ...it contains beneficial bacterias which are food for the corals. They claim that LPS will do well despite the fact that zeovit is meant for creating a nutrient starved environment. ;)

Creetin...whatever its called.....my corals call it 'Yum Yum' :P

we might be diverting abit but i cant help to ask-

the LPS corals, usually feed on phtyo, yes? and then this bacteria stuff from zeovit, their sole purpose is to munch on nutrients thus e sps do better. I find it funny that this same bacteria can become a food source for the LPS too! :unsure:

Still your tank proves that the LPS are thriving. Do you feed your corals? :rolleyes:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

bro...you got the wrong bacteria liaoz lah......

The mulms are not bacterias....it contains bacterias that are beneficial to the corals

the zeolite(medium) sucks ammonia and prevent NO2 and NO3.

The other bacteria we dose is the zeobak....multiple bacteria strains which reduces nutrients in a tank.

If you want greater details, do try download the pdf file from captiveocean....quite comprehensive ;)

And lastly....I dun feel the corals at all... ;)

My feeding routine for my fishes...a pinch of mysis once in a couple of days ....mainly for the clownfishs and the peppermint hogfish ;)

My bristletooth tangs?? better work harder...to find food