different ways to introduce fish/shrimps

yes and no.

yes because that is the rough and rather crude way of doing it

no because if you add too huge a portion of tank water into the bag, the sudden increase in parameters can kill inverterbrates.

inverts are generally more sensitive than fishes...which is why I die die also introduce my inverts via the drip method. no matter how tired/lazy I get.

drip method is...

1) open bag

2) float it in tank and clip one end to the hood or something. so that bag doesn't drift away

3) after 15-20 minutes, water should have equalised in terms in temperature

4) add an air line with a valve at it and start it by ###### on one end of it to induce water flow. turn valve so that it only allows one drop per second or even less. if you want, you can throw an air line attached to an air pump in it as well but I never bother to do that.

5) once water has increased by two fold, can take out the invert and put it in. (=

for fishes, if I'm not lazy/tired, I also do that.

if not, I just add portions of water using a small cup. the ones that you eat in for jelly. :P

• SRC Member

Woah... the drip method alot of work leh. :erm:

For me i juz stick to the normal process of:

- opening the bag and floating it in the tank, clipping the mouth to the side.

- after 10 mins, add abit of water from the tank in.

- after awhile add abit more...

- then slowly increase amount of tank water added and freq till almost double in

volume. (Guess its almost the same as terryandsimon la... But i prefer to keep a close watch on the inroduced stock to check for anthing amiss.

- after about 30mins then take the bag to the sink with a container juz big enuff for the 'stock in question', empty most of the water down the sink hole, the stock and juz enuff water in the container and pour it into the tank.

PHEW! :D

Dont like the idea of adding the water from the shop... no matter how clean it looked. B)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy