Yasha lovers

ryan

• SRC Member
very nice looking fish sorry for the ignorance but I have never heard of this fish called Yasha. where can I buy this fish and how much would I have to pay for them? :thanks:

You can look for Yashia Goby in Liveaquaria.com.

I got my from Aquamarine and it cost $25.

• SRC Member

Haha.... no more Yasha at Aquamarin. Last one bought by me. :evil: with pistol at $25. Got one left but reserved by someone else. Wonder who ar...?

Strange.. i did not see any on SAT night when i go there for prata.. humm..

Maybe you can FRAG piece for me??!! :evil::lol:

hi bros, can i check w u...how long does your yasha hide itself b4 it is comfortable w the surrounding...i just got one from aquamarin...it immediately pair up w my randall pistol..which was orginally pair up w my high fin goby :erm: . On day 2, i can seen the pair in one corner...subsequently, my yasha disappear...it been 2 days since...so how did yours yasha fare when newly intoduced... :thanks:

• SRC Member

i too got a yashia with pistol at aquamarin. Left about another 3 more yesterday night. Cannot see the yashia in the morning.. dunno hide where.. When will they come out in the open??? Pistol is white with different shades of red. Beautiful. Was told by another reefer that this shrimp is rare.

i too got a yashia with pistol at aquamarin. Left about another 3 more yesterday night. Cannot see the yashia in the morning.. dunno hide where.. When will they come out in the open??? Pistol is white with different shades of red. Beautiful. Was told by another reefer that this shrimp is rare.

That pistol is alpheus randalli. One of the natural symbiotic shrimp found with yashia gobies in the wild. They are not rare in nature but they are just not imported often due to their size. Yashias will need some time to settle down before daring to venture out into the open. They can take weeks. Be patient with them. Meanwhile target feed them with live adult brine shrimp to get them feeding. It helps them settle down faster.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

That pistol is alpheus randalli. One of the natural symbiotic shrimp found with yashia gobies in the wild. They are not rare in nature but they are just not imported often due to their size. Yashias will need some time to settle down before daring to venture out into the open. They can take weeks. Be patient with them. Meanwhile target feed them with live adult brine shrimp to get them feeding. It helps them settle down faster.

Hi Bro,

Size? Too big or too small?

Thanks.

My yasha luv the baby brine shrimp as well as mysis. Can't target feed coz they will threaten me to jump out of the tank.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED