Need recommendation on dry fish food.

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers

Was wondering what sort of pallets/dry food you guys feed your fishes. :unsure:

Would appreciate if you can provide me with the brand......can PM me if it is inconvenient. ;)

Rodian, whats those you used to feed your anthias and tangs huh?? :P

• SRC Member

hahaha....ya lor.....you instigate me lor!!! :lol::lol:

Actually I got too tired of having to feed them with brine and mysis shrimps every night......some more must clip the lettuce every night for feed my Ah Pui Sailfin!!!

Can get those in Reborn or Pet Mart right? :huh:

Thanks anyway. ;)

the best part are the bartletts hor...dunno issit they hear the food hitting the water surface then all chiong out.....take a few bites only....then genna chased back by the fiercer ones again....

not sure if petmart has all the pellets mentioned but that area got many shops..should be able to find what you want

• SRC Member

Thanks guys.......

Alan...I thought you gonna say got extra can give me......hahahaha :lol: (joking joking.... :paiseh: )

By the way what is the difference between Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 and 2?? Pallet size difference or contents difference?

Got to train my fishes to take pallets or else very troublesome when I am away for a couple of days.......previously got my Dad to come to my place to feed these jokers....... <_<

Just got a Naso from Sentosa Marine......saw them eating pallets......bought home.....and it refused to eat lettuce and brine/mysis shrimps......probably also due to my greedy chromis and territoral Sailfin......Sigh! <_<

• SRC Member

Both formula 1 and 2 has garlic.

Formula 1 is seafood (carnivorous) while Formula 2 is seaweed (herbivorous), or vice-versa.

Quite easy to differentiate. The blue bottle is seafood and the green bottle is seaweed!

Tried Kent for my previous tank but none of the fish eat. Maybe I don't train them but I didn't train my current fishes too ;) (except the Mandarin which I am trying to ween to eat prepared food)

• SRC Member

Personally i tried the ON Formula 1, only my bi-colour and my clowns seem to show any interest (mind you, my clowns are plain greedy and eat anything)

Other than frozen mysis, everyone's (in my tank) favourite is ON brine shrimp flakes.

A tip when feeding floaters: mix in a small cup of tank water then just pour into the tank. The food will then break the surface tension and the water current will lessen the chance of all the floaters running off into the overflow. Normally before the food has a chance to get to surface already get gobbled up.

• SRC Member

hmmm.....just bought Formula 2.....which is more suitable for herbivorus..... :(

My tangs (Naso, Blue and Sailfin) doesnt seem to like it! <_< Sigh!

Guess have to made them hungry for a few days huh???? :evil:

Hi

I tried most of the dry food out there.

So far:

New Life Spectrum is the Ultimate.

Both pellets and flakes, it's just kicks ######, color and mass.

HBH is good, I like their Marine green.

Ocean Nutrition is OK.

Cyclopeeze is cool, but fish have to get use to it.

I'm trying now a new food, from Japan called DEL, extremly expensive, but the LFS owner said it's even better that Spectrum, so I had to give it a try.

Too early to comment, but I feed one of my tank almost exclusively on that stuff and I wait if I can see any changes.

• SRC Member
hmmm.....just bought Formula 2.....which is more suitable for herbivorus..... :(

My tangs (Naso, Blue and Sailfin) doesnt seem to like it! <_< Sigh!

Guess have to made them hungry for a few days huh???? :evil:

try soaking them in garlic...they may relish... :P

If you can get...try the New Life Spectrum Anti-Parasitic...they are very good in boosting immunity... :)

• SRC Member

Thanks Guys and Mdm..... :lol:

Wow....thats a long list of dry food manz....

Ocean Nutrition

New Life Spectrum Anti-Parasitic

kent pellets

Two Little Fishies Sea Veggies

DEL

Anybody experience with other brands with success?

Probably getting New Life Spectrum and Two little fishies to try again........if I am couldnt get my tangs to eat the Ocean Nutrition! <_<

Fish will like whatever they are used to, it does'nt mean to say it's good for them.

Sometimes it'll be difficult to switch from a low quality food to a better quality food, cause the fish might refuse it.

For example, Tangs that got used to eat lettuce for years, you might have difficult time to get them eat Sea Veggies, even though it's a fact that the Sea Veggies are 10 times better for them.