our next medal hope

Creetin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

What happened 4 years ago will happen again.. tat time was Jing Jun hong vs a taiwan ger. In the end, Lost, no bronze.. i think sg is cursed in Olympics.. i dun really think jiawei will win the bronze too.. i fully support her, but, juz to be realistic.. sg cant handle stress and pressure..

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

What happened 4 years ago will happen again.. tat time was Jing Jun hong vs a taiwan ger. In the end, Lost, no bronze.. i think sg is cursed in Olympics.. i dun really think jiawei will win the bronze too.. i fully support her, but, juz to be realistic.. sg cant handle stress and pressure..

I agreed. no mental strength.

If she still China, may win something.

Singaporean mentality is not on sports, but more on how to feed your family..

Same like goal 2010 world cup.. WTF?? Now becomes wat..? Qualify for Asian game or wat..?? kaoz.. might as well says 2010, beat Malaysia, more realistic..

• SRC Member

ahaha aiyahh even though she lost in the quaters, from the match, can tell she fought real hard and the match was very tenced.... bloody hell i couldn't watch the match from the beginning as i was recalled for a mobilasation exercise... damn suay... during Euro 2004, got called back for high key reservice... then during olympics got recalled for mobilisation... hai... whats next?

ahaha aiyahh even though she lost in the quaters, from the match, can tell she fought real hard and the match was very tenced.... bloody hell i couldn't watch the match from the beginning as i was recalled for a mobilasation exercise... damn suay... during Euro 2004, got called back for high key reservice... then during olympics got recalled for mobilisation... hai... whats next?

I dun agrees.. the North Korean definitely has nerves of steel coming back from 1-3 down to win 4-3. If I will ever to be down in a game either like Soccer or Snooker, it does take great effort to make a comeback.

I applaud the effort of the North Korean, but not JiaWei.

Its like a soccer team leading 3-1 and start to play defensive for 90mins.

Nobody to blame but yourself.

actually, the pressure on Jia Wei's shoulders is not generated by herself, but by the people back home in Singapore.

even one of our ministers today actually said something along the lines that we should model ourselves after her, how she handles pressure and rises again from a failure and all.

that, coupled with the sports council's high expectations of obtaining at least a medal, plus the money that you stand to gain, adds a significant amount of strain on a young woman's shoulders.

(=

• SRC Member

She tried her best but I thought she was not composed enough and let her emotions seen from her body langauge. The Korean are very strong mentally and winning or losing, their face never change.

In 2008, I think will be even more difficult. In Beijing, the Chinese will not be defeated. Also, imagine the home crowd support!

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Hmmm crowd support plays a big part in a sporting event. But i'm sure Singapore will by then be strong enough and more well prepared for the challenge as we can come sooo close to earning a medal through Jia Wei this year. Hope for the better in the next coming Olympics...

sadly my prediction abt her going down do comes true..

it not easy to pick up from a great lost like jia wei did during the semi.

also I think the great pressure from everybody back home did affect her somewhat. Plus the money on her mind.

• SRC Member

I was right afterall.. sigh.. 4yrs later.. she will be 27.. how many 4yrs can she have..

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif