Red Sea Sailfin Tang

• SRC Member

As above.

It refuses my pellets, lettuce, cyclop-eeze, dried shrimp whole(desolve before giving to the LS). It just acknowledge Henry'e recipe as food but if it's too big it will spit out again.

It's nibbling on the beta tank gap to get some food but I'm afraid it's not enough and it's will to starve to death.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

for tangs in general, try red bamboo alage, then nori....I found success with red bamboo alage, white cheek and sailfin both refuse to eat anything for a week until i put the red bamboo in....then slowly introduce nori....

For tangs never had much luck with pellets, shrimps...so far only blue tang seems to accept them

I got mine from coral farm and it was feeding on pellets over there but when I put it in my tank... it refused to eat for 2 months.. just peck on the LR. It got a bit thin and worrying for me.

However one fine day it just decided to start eating and now is very fat. It eats everything :P

You can try drying some nori on a pc of LR then see if your salifin will peck on it. This can only work if the salifin is pecking on the LR.

• SRC Member
As above.

It refuses my pellets, lettuce, cyclop-eeze, dried shrimp whole(desolve before giving to the LS). It just acknowledge Henry'e recipe as food but if it's too big it will spit out again.

It's nibbling on the beta tank gap to get some food but I'm afraid it's not enough and it's will to starve to death.

My sailfin eats anything I dump in, lettuce,cycloeeze,brine shrimps,mysis, & even cut prawn meats.......but most of its diet is from my tank wall green algaes :-)

Eric