Bob 90 gallon mix reef tank

Bob

• SRC Member

bros,

im confident bro bob's clam will not just survive but do well! hahah.. hes really skilled one la. you guys should check out his old system in person if its still up. its truly well balanced, and gorgeous looking. anemones, lps, sps, macro algaes, all beautifully kept together, and all growing at fantastic rates.

hi bob, do show us more pics ya! and is your old system totally off-line already, or still up? id love to see more pics of it, as i need some more inspiration for reef.

cheers,

ian

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe... saw his previous tank... agree, the clam will be more than just surviving... I love the way u organize your electrical away from the sump... IMO all custom tanks with sump should be designed with better safety in mind (like yours) :rolleyes: I will copy some of your electrical plan for my new tank... hehe hope you don't mind :peace:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
u stack your rocks against the glass walls?

i did it last time. but afriad the glass cant take the pressure on crack.

n, your 1st inhabitant is a clam liao. isnt it a lil risky?

Thanks for your comments.

As my tank is only 1.5feet width.Had no choice but to stack against the glass to gain maximum space available.

Think is strong enough as it is 12mm thick with all round euro brace.

As for the clam.Is from my exsisting tank which is still running.

Seem that the clam feel happier than the old tank as it high up facing directly from MH light.

• SRC Member
bros,

im confident bro bob's clam will not just survive but do well! hahah.. hes really skilled one la. you guys should check out his old system in person if its still up. its truly well balanced, and gorgeous looking. anemones, lps, sps, macro algaes, all beautifully kept together, and all growing at fantastic rates.

hi bob, do show us more pics ya! and is your old system totally off-line already, or still up? id love to see more pics of it, as i need some more inspiration for reef.

cheers,

ian

Thanks bro,

Will be running 2 tanks.Got support from wife & my son.

They can't bear to part with this anemone which is with us for about 5-6years already.

post-34-1143818716.jpg

• SRC Member
hehe... saw his previous tank... agree, the clam will be more than just surviving... I love the way u organize your electrical away from the sump... IMO all custom tanks with sump should be designed with better safety in mind (like yours) :rolleyes: I will copy some of your electrical plan for my new tank... hehe hope you don't mind :peace:

Bro, this forum is to share ideas on improving ways of setting & maintaining reef tank.

Will be gald to help you in electrical wiring on your future set up.We're just a Pm away.

Cheers

BTW the clam as from today.

post-34-1143819203.jpg

Bro, this forum is to share ideas on improving ways of setting & maintaining reef tank.

Will be gald to help you in electrical wiring on your future set up.We're just a Pm away.

Cheers

BTW the clam as from today.

Bro I really need your advice, I was at a LFS yesterday asking for product to help me manage my power & cables. According to the LFS no need to waste money, those white colour extension buy from DIY shop/Best is sufficient, just make sure got surge protector. I was like... ;) Can u help me here, confused... As I've invested a couple of Ks on equipments... can't afford to let them all blow by lightning or accidents... what shall I do?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro I strongly believe u made the right decision keeping ur old tank... ur old tank is one of the most natural looking tank around... the corals look very natural, not like they are placed there deliberately... love it!!! Those overgrown Caulerpas give u any problem? According to some... those green grapes create more problems than benefits.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro,

Will be running 2 tanks.Got support from wife & my son.

They can't bear to part with this anemone which is with us for about 5-6years already.

Hi bro!! thats fantastic man!!! how many reefers can lay claim to an anemone theyve kept for six years?!!?! :bow::bow::bow:

respect!!! hahah. would love to come by to see your tank again. :P

when your tanks up and swinging, and youre stocking up on sps, be sure to chio me if youre heading to any late night shipments ya. can always pass you a frag or two, and this time, not mati one... :P

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

Bro Jervis,

Better to buy electrical staff from Elcetrical shop which is much more cheaper like extension socket. Buy only those has PSB APPROVE ones.

As for surge protector,think its more for computer & other sensitive electronic stuff.Not neccesary for our marine hobby.

Its the whole total wattage of all the electrical stuff that you need to worry about.

Always remember that one socket outlet has only maximum 13amphere load.

That will be total 13a x 230v = 2990 watts.

I personally have about 10% allowance which come to 2990 x 0.9 =2691 watts

So my limit total wattage of a single outlet is not more than 2690 watts.

(my single outlet could be an extension of 4 or 5way socket outlet)

To put in detail my 1 st 4way outlet as follow:

1) chiller - 650watt

2) Rowas reactor pump - 18watt

3) 1nd return pump 3000l/hr - 34watt

4) Skimmer - 18watt

5) Skimmer feed in pump - 23watt

Total for 1st ext. - 743 watt

As for second 4 way outlet as follows:

1) 2nd return pump 2000l/hr - 34watt

2) MH lamp 3 x 150watt - 450watt

3) Tunze TS07 - 50 watt (i think)

Total for 2nd ext. - 534watt

As for lightning,don"t think can interfere or spoil your equipment.It will only trip the whole house if occurs.

Thanks bro for the detailed explaination... really appreciate it... now I better start counting my total watt. Can update us with full tank pix?

• SRC Member
Wao :blink: ....

Look at the skimmate man from that skimmer....

U are over working it man ....

Love the anemone. B) Cool !!!

:thanks:

for your comment.

I'm having a diatom bloom now. The skim mate you saw it daily.

Had to clear daily orelse it will spill back to the sump.

Hope it won't be too long to get it to normal.